The Credit Analyst is a non-managerial role supporting the commodities trading operation of a large, integrated electric utility in Southeast Florida. The incumbent will develop skills working on the finance side of the trading organization by collaborating with traders, members of the legal team, and treasury personnel. Additionally, the incumbent will be expected to take an active role in discussing credit-specific issues with senior management.
Specific duties include:
- Monitoring industry and company-specific trends
- Providing in-depth, fundamental research analysis
- Negotiating trade agreements and establishing counterparty credit limits
- Proactively reviewing assigned credit limits and suggesting credit risk mitigation plans
- Developing strong working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Providing timely and periodic risk reports that help assess the company’s overall credit and liquidity position
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics required
- Graduate degree and/or progress toward CFA designation strongly preferred
- One to three years of experience in credit, finance, or treasury
- Thorough knowledge of credit, finance, and general business; prior energy experience is not necessary
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Excel
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple, competing priorities in a trade floor atmosphere
NextEra Energy, Inc.
- 3 years ago - save job