The RN will be responsible for providing professional nursing and wellness consultation to appropriate staff of Martina Place Assisted Living. This includes, but is not limited to conducting resident assessments as needed and working with the Resident Services Coordinator and Manager to develop resident service plans.
- Review all pre-admission documents for appropriate placement in Assisted Living.
- Collaborate with the Resident Service Coordinator and/or Manager to develop and review resident service plans.
- Develop working knowledge of duties required of RN Consultant as outlined in Iowa Department of Elder Affairs  Chapter 27 Rules for Assisted Living Programs.
- Assists with the provision of the care to residents (within qualifications) and participate in social and activity programs in order to help meet the physical, mental, social and spiritual needs of the residents to promote a happy, safe, and fulfilling environment.
- In an urgent or emergency situation; or in the absence of the RN; the responsibilities of decision-making, delegating of functions and activities, family and physician notification and any other monitoring or reviews will be delegated to the facility manager who is dually qualified as a Registered Nurse.
- Performs any other duties as required by circumstances or Assisted Living Manager
MINUMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Possession of a current license as a registered nurse issued by the State of Iowa.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Experience working with elderly preferred.
Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers CB\
Nursing - RN
IA-Johnston-Martina Place Administration
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
Catholic Health Initiatives - 12 months ago
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...