We are seeking an experienced Systems Architect with a broad Information Technology background. The architect will support the customer’s DOD infrastructure that spans three states and a variety of locations. The infrastructure and its components support Cisco networking, Voice over Internet Protocol, a virtual data center, applications support, COTS/GOTS software modifications, and a Tier 1 – 3 Help Desk. The candidate must be able to obtain DOD 8570 Information Assurance qualifications. This is a new position and will be instrumental in consolidating support for the infrastructure, documenting key information about the network and providing a vision for future enhancements and development for the customer.
- Posess a CISSP certification, CISSP-ISSEP or equivalent or be able to obtain one.
- ITIL Fundamentals Certification.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to present DOD Architecture Framework (DODAF) Version 2 artifacts based on interviews and abstract data inputs.
- Ability to design and implement advanced software, hardware, and system solutions; and demonstrate such through the development of a road map technique.
- Previous experience as an architect of a large DOD or government network infrastructure.
- Experience with UNIX, LINUX and Microsoft network, desktop and software technologies.
- Previous experience with technical writing and peer review of technical documents for grammar, content and style of writing.
- Demonstrated ability to document business processes and write detailed functional requirements, road maps, or other DOD documentation.
- Ability to work under tight timeframes.
- Good organizational skills.
- Capability to handle sensitive and complex issues with discretion and good judgment. Desired skills • Working knowledge of Agile software development techniques.
- Understanding of IT financial practices and ability to project such as a Basis of Effort, Level of Effort, or Return on Investment. Specific Job Description Lockheed Martin is a primary provider of services to the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) and Special Operations Forces missions Program. This program is critical to the success of US service men and women deployed throughout the world. Our mission is to rapidly and properly equip USSOCOM and its war fighters with the best possible systems, logistics services and equipment anywhere in the world. At Lockheed Martin we know that our war fighters deserve flawless execution and uninterrupted support.
This is a UNIX, LINUX client server and Microsoft web based environment with approximately 2,200 users and a staff of around 60 IT professionals that provide support. There is an extensive Definitive Software Library that supports Finance, Supply, Transportation, Logistics, and Facilities. The Architect will work closely will all of the Lockheed Martin IT staff, senior staff, and Government representatives on a regular basis.
Typical Duties and responsibilities include:
Keywords: CISSP, Information Assurance, Systems Architect, Architecture framework, UNIX, LINUX, Microsoft, Agile, network architect Standard Job Description Designs, develops and oversees system architectures, including complex systems and systems design activities. Serves as focal point for the development and communication of the system architecture. Ensures conversion of mission requirements into total systems solutions that account for design and technology maturity constraints of the system. Develops systems and system element architecture, design, and interface definition. Supports internal and external design reviews. Maintains knowledge of current and developing technologies and design and analysis methodologies. Develops models and architectural guidelines for current and future system development. Security Clearance Secret Typical Minimums Bachelors degree in an engineering/technical discipline from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 20 years or more of professional experience; or 18 years with a related Masters, or 15 years with a related PhD degree. Viewed as the most senior authority in discipline. LMCareers Business Unit ESS0998 GLOBAL TRNG LOGISTICS (S8200) Business Area Electronic Systems Program CLS Department 6074024:CLSS Enterprise Op Excellen_OS Job Class Systems Architect Job Category Experienced Professional City Lexington State Kentucky Virtual No Relocation Available Negotiable Work Schedule FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week Req Type Full-Time Direct/Indirect Indirect Shift First
- Collaborate with engineering and IT teams to decompose technical requirements and make recommendations
- Provide oversight for project design and architecture
- Use expertise to ensure architecture integrity and consistency across the enterprise and that DOD Architecture and Information Assurance standards are being met at all times.
- Research and evaluate tools, standards and technologies and document such as recommendations to senior leadership and the team.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of people works with partners around the world to bring proven...