Investment Management Development Program
UT-Salt Lake City
Whether you re at the beginning of your career or looking to make your next move, you want to work for a company that values your individual talents, skills and experience. Wells Fargo was named Among the World's 50 Most Respected Companies by Barron's magazine in 2010. Learn about the many exciting career paths and opportunities we offer.
Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company with $1.2 trillion in assets, providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage and consumer finance. Wealth, Brokerage and Retirement, a division of Wells Fargo & Company, is one of the leading wealth management, brokerage and retirement providers in the U.S. The group focuses on providing solutions that meet clients unique financial, investment and planning needs. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, retirement, estate planning strategies, trust and insurance.
The Investment Management Development Program is dedicated to growing sales and relationship-oriented Investment Managers who seek to broaden their professional knowledge within a dynamic financial services environment. Over the course of 24 months, participants increase their investment acumen, hone their professional presence, and ultimately begin to manage simple to moderately-complex accounts, before transitioning to the role of Investment Manager.
Candidates ideally are currently enrolled in an MBA or other relevant degree program expecting to graduate in 2013, with an emphasis in related quantitative/analytical field from an accredited, leading business school or university.
This elite cohort based program includes hands-on training, exposure to key leaders, coaching, mentoring, and regular performance feedback sessions. Learning is done in small groups, and development is highly personalized. We are looking for individuals to join this program in the Fall of 2013.
Position locations will be determined by the geographic location of the Wells Fargo hiring managers.
Primary responsibilities include:
Candidates should also be prepared to:
- Work with the Regional Investment Manager on portfolio management with their team, and working with other line of business partners to deliver full-balance sheet solutions for clients.
- Assist the team with administrative and sales activities such as administering trades or researching and preparing client presentations.
- Develop strong investment product knowledge and utilize relationship management skills to meet the financial needs of clients.
Development Program participants transition directly into Investment Manager positions at the conclusion of the development timeframe. Opportunities are intended to lead to more senior roles in Wealth Management as well as other areas of the Company.
- Engage with leaders at all levels of the organization including senior management, individual contributors and center of influence as well as highly affluent clients. Provide excellent client service both internal and external.
- Be proactive in identifying business needs, opportunities and solve problems independently.
- Consistently learn new systems, applications, models, processes and techniques.
Wells Fargo will not sponsor visas for these positions, and will not hire individuals whose work eligibility is based on their F-1 or other student visa status. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
- 3+ years providing service to clients.
- 3+ years in each of the following: perform historical and/or analytical research; solve problems and recommend possible solutions.
- Demonstrated interest in investment management, asset management, financial markets and securities analysis or related fields.
- Relevant experience working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Proven organization skills, including demonstrated experience managing multiple projects and deadlines, and demonstrated ability to effectively manage details.
- Willingness to work within the firms demanding and highly focused environment.
- Ability to demonstrate a sense of personal accountability and success for achieving results tied to specific goals.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems, processes and techniques.
- Completed graduate finance coursework and/or have work experience in financial accounting, finance, asset management, capital markets, and/or macroeconomics.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics or Business Administration.
- Proven ability to articulate ideas, strategies, and solutions clearly, orally, in writing, and through presentation skills.
- Passed CFA Level I, II and/or III.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in workplace or community setting.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage behavior during extreme shifts in business and in capital markets.
Wells Fargo - 13 months ago
Wells Fargo & Company is a financial holding company and a bank holding company. It is a diversified financial services company. It...