Responsible for completing and verifying all paperwork in the shipping department. This includes bills of lading, packing slips, shipping logs, and export papers. PRINCIPAL DUTIES
- Operates the AS400 to enter shipment data and to run the daily shipping report.
- Processes packing lists and bills of lading to ensure accurate communication between the shipping department and freight companies.
- Types and compiles export papers.
- Maintains a daily shipping log and identifies orders for shipment.
- Runs and verifies test reports.
- Types bills of lading and shipper forms.
- Contacts freight companies or operates a computer to trace packages and to request proof of delivery.
- Answers shipping questions from sales reps, office personnel, and customers.
- Fills in for the Traffic Manager as needed.
- Trains new traffic clerks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or GED preferred, or six months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and training.
- Requires the equivalent of one year experience in a warehouse or shipping department.
- Basic math skills are needed to be able to figure percentages and to verify figures.
- Computer skills are needed to be able to type documents, enter data, and run reports.
- Must be able to read and understand shipping documents. DECISIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for accurately completing all shipping documents, including export papers.
- Makes sure that each order has a complete set of shipping documents. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Walks to check orders and to collect and distribute documents.
- Operates a computer keyboard.
- Communicates by telephone and in person with customers, freight companies, and employees.
- Must be able to withstand both cold and hot conditions, depending on location and weather.
- Must be able to travel throughout the facility to obtain information needed to perform job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Flanders Corporation - 20 months ago
Flanders Corporation designs, manufactures and markets air filters and related products, and are focused on providing environmental...