Under supervision, this position is responsible for performing secretarial/administrative duties to support the work of the appropriate Director, Sr. Director, Executive Director, or Division VP including composing and typing correspondence, report development, meeting coordination, maintenance of confidential documents, and screening phone calls and visitors. These duties require thorough knowledge of office procedures. This Administrative Assistant level requires independent judgment and initiative.
1)High School diploma or G.E.D. 2 years administrative support experience;
2) Knowledge of office procedures and equipment;
3) Verbal and written communication skills, including punctuation, composition, sentence structure, etc;
4) Maintain high degree of confidentiality;
5) Independent judgment and initiative;
6) PC proficiency to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1) Secretarial certificate from accredited secretarial school;
2) Referral preference given to applicants able to take and meet testing criteria;
3) Health Care experience.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 22 months ago