Under the supervision of the Director, Patient Billing Representative inputs all patient charges (procedural and supply) for surgical services at both Broadway and Foothills campuses within five days from the date of service, inputs all charges from PACU/OCC patient charge sheets, processes and charges coding sheets within specified time guidelines, and processes change of status notifications.
Education or Formal Training
High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Special Qualifications (licensure, registration, etc.)
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
1. Ability to communicate effectively
2. Basic math/accounting aptitude
3. Demonstrated ability to function in a high stress environment with constant multiple stimuli
4. Computer word processing skills and proficiency in at least one computer program
5. Competent with surgical/medical terminology preferred
6. Keyboarding proficiency of a minimum of 40 words per minute
7. Working knowledge of department policy for patient charges
1. One-year previous experience in a medical area
2. Medical Terminology preferred
3. Minimum one-year experience billing in a medical setting preferred
Materials and Equipment Directly Used
1. Standard equipment, phone, intercom and computer
2. Copy Machine, fax, filing system, label machine and log in books
Working Environment/Physical Activities
1. Environmental conditions may include, but not be limited, to, variations in temperature, noise, and odors. Multi-stimuli, etc.
2. Physical working environment may include, but not be limited to, any of the following hazards: chemicals, electrical, mechanical, biowaste, explosive, radiation, stress, back strain, etc.
3. Requires 8 hours of sitting and/or standing and walking. May require excessive sitting (greater than 50%).
Boulder Community Hospital - 16 months ago