Who are we and what do we do?
ISS Solutions is an industry leader in clinical engineering services, providing solutions that help healthcare organizations provide high quality patient care through timely, accurate, and cost-effective delivery of clinical equipment services. Additionally, our services help clients meet regulatory requirements and contribute positively to their bottom line.
About our Culture
ISS Solutions' culture is what differentiates us from our competition. We look for talented, hardworking, goal-oriented individuals who are eager to learn, grow and who demonstrate a can-do attitude to overcome challenges.
Biomedical Equipment Technician, Intermediate (BMET II)
To perform inspection, preventative maintenance, repair and simple overhaul and modifications of medical equipment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The following performance expectations represent core competency requirements for the position of Biomedical Equipment Technician, Intermediate.
- Reads and interprets medical equipment operation and maintenance manuals, schematics, and mechanical drawings.
- Must be able to travel as necessary to perform the technical tasks below.
- Operates test equipment, such as signal generators, oscilloscopes, safety analyzers, ESU analyzers, defibrillator analyzers, and physiological input simulators.
- Uses common hand tools as required in the performance of job tasks.
- Troubleshoots and repairs: linear, digital, operational amplifier and microprocessor based circuitry.
- Inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs a wide variety of electronic and electro-mechanical medical equipment including but not limited to physiologic monitors, infusion devices, defibrillators, ESUs, and general patient care devices.
- Performs spot and routine safety and performance checks.
- Within an appropriate interval, should be prepared to assume 24-hour on-call repair responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Maintains knowledge of the clinical purpose, proper operating procedures, maintenance requirements, and risks associated with use, of medical devices for which the technician has maintenance responsibilities.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems to component level.
- Demonstrates proper and effective use of test equipment, input simulators, and hand tools.
- Interprets schematic drawings and performs basic circuit analysis.
- Demonstrates effective equipment assembly/disassembly, and component replacement skills.
- Interacts in a professional manner with all client staff, patients, and co-workers.
- Maintains knowledge of, and compliance with ISS Service Reporting System policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of, and compliance with corporate, and client mandated policies regarding workplace safety issues (infection control, fire safety, hazard communications, etc.) .
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be experienced in troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining medical devices, having worked for at least two years in an in-house BMET program in a health institution or with a clinical engineering program or five years with a medical device manufacturer.
- Educational background should include the completion of a two-year associate degree program in Biomedical Equipment Technology, or military/ non-military equivalent.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair complex electronic devices down to the component level.
- Must be experienced with inventory and ordering procedures commonly associated with repair and maintenance of electronic, electric and electro-mechanical equipment.
- Must work with a minimum of supervision.
- Should be familiar with the inspection and maintenance of most medical equipment commonly found in health care institutions.
- AAMI Certification as a Biomedical Equipment Technician is recommended.
- Familiarity with JCAHO E of C standards for medical equipment management. Must be able to read and write English and communicate effectively with hospital staff, vendors, manufacturers, and corporate staff.
- Must have a reliable means of transportation and a valid driver's license.
- Must have exceeded all the requirements for BMET, Entry Level.
Our benefits package is designed to attract, retain, and motivate high caliber professionals in support of the mission and goals of ISS Solutions. We offer a full array of benefits that add value to your compensation package and protect you and your family. This includes medical/dental insurance, paid holidays, and paid time off, which provide for personal well-being. In addition, we offer a 401K with a generous company match, optional short-term disability, company paid long-term disability, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts that help to contribute to your financial security.
- Must be able to access and work in confined spaces with little or no assistance.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. to chest height unassisted and 60 lbs. assisted.
- Must be willing and able to work with potentially harmful/irritating chemicals.
Entry level technicians will be considered.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
ISS Solutions no longer hires applicants who use tobacco products, including cigarettes, cigars and chewing or smokeless tobacco. Applicants will be screened for nicotine as part of the pre-employment process. Nicotine will be part of the urine drug screen. Applicants who test positive for nicotine will not be offered employment. Applicants who test positive may re-apply for jobs with in six months.
ISS Solutions - 2 years ago