As a member of the multi-disciplinary treatment team, the Behavioral Health Specialist plays a vital role in providing efficient and therapeutically effective care. The Behavioral Health Specialist is valued for planning and teaching educational activities that promote quality care and support patients’ treatment goals. The treatment team values their contribution for orienting, educating and assisting patients in their healing process. They maintain a safe, consistent and supportive environment by providing care in accordance with the multidisciplinary treatment plan using established behavioral interventions and programs to meet patient care needs.
Through the healing process the Behavioral Health Specialist can make a positive difference in a patient’s life.
Entry Rate: $11.84 +
Shift Details: Variable
Additional Details: Located at our Wasatch Canyon's location
- Must meet one of the following:
1. Two or more years post high school education in social work, psychology, sociology, family studies
2. Two or more years of experience working with psychiatric or chemically dependent patients
3. Bachelor's degree with six or more months of experience working with psychiatric or chemically dependent patients. Intermountain verifies both degree attainment and educational institution accreditation following an offer of employment. Or
4. Two or more years of experience working as a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- This position requires verifiable current Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR certification. An original card must be verified prior to start date or the job offer will be withdrawn. For additional information regarding CPR requirements please visit our Job Requirements Page .
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to communicate on a professional level. Adult based Behavioral Health Specialists are also required to possess a current Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Certification
- Pediatric based Behavioral Health Specialists at Primary Children's are also required to possess a Food Handlers Permit. (A Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) is not required at Primary Children's.)
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Sitting, Speaking, Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, Walking
- Six or more months of prior experience working with psychiatric and/or chemically dependent patients
- Six or more months of prior experience working in a pediatric behavioral healthcare setting
- Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, sociology or family studies
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...