JOB PURPOSE: As a member of the senior management team, this position directs and coordinates development and production activities of computerized management information systems, telephony, and switch by performing the following duties personally or through team members.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Analyze computer system needs for client and management information and functional operations, to determine scope and priorities of projects, and to determine needs for system capacity and equipment acquisitions.
• 70% of time in this position is spent working on IT issues, including PHP and Linux maintenance, while the other 30% of time is actively spent in management responsibilities.
• Recommend and develop plans for systems development and operations, hardware and software purchases, budget, and staffing. Manage the development, implementation, installation, and operation of information and functional systems.
• Supervise programmers, developers, systems administrators, and engineers.
• Conduct Annual Performance Reviews of direct reports, monthly one-on-one meetings, department meetings, along with coordinating and or conduction on-going job specific training for the IT department
• Design departmental procedures that ensure efficient use of resources and completion of IT deliverables within stated deadlines and specifications.
• Develop, implement, and monitor Information Technology policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and legal and regulatory compliance. Manages computer operation scheduling, backup, storage, and retrieval functions.
• Negotiates and contracts with consultants, technical personnel, and vendors for services and products.
• Serve as main point of contact for PCI compliance questions, PCI audits, and formulation of policies and procedures to ensure continued PCI certification of contact centers and telecommuting systems.
• Provides support to end users in the selection, procurement, usage, and maintenance of software programs and hardware.
• Reviews reports of computer and peripheral equipment production, malfunction, and maintenance to determine costs and impact, and address problems along with developing & maintaining, and testing disaster recovery plans.
• Assist in the research and development of projects that will improve overall performance and efficiency. Work closely with entire team to complete work requests in a timely manner and promote fast call processing by developing system programs and uniform procedures.
• Offer guidance and support to the IT Staff in regards to call scripting, programming, data translation, database maintenance, applications development, and systems administration so that MC can meet or exceed quality control standards.
• Submit Monthly Reports on the status of the IT Department (successes, goals, projects, revenue, etc.) to the Vice President
• Attends senior management meetings to plan and implement the strategic initiatives of the business and to plot the future direction of information systems, reporting technologies, and telephony and switch capabilities to support the organization’s mission.
• Develop annual budget and ensure fiscally responsible budget oversight throughout the year for the IT Department’s expenditures.
• Hands-on management of internally developed systems using LAMP stack ( Linux, Apache, MySQL, Php)
• Quality Control – QC
• Agent E-Learning – ELEARN
• Work Order System – time tracking, ticketing, project management
• Call Center Metrics (Center wide Key Performance Indicators – Stats)
• Client Portal – client reporting metrics
• This position also oversees maintenance of:
• Phone Switch – I3, Interactive Intelligence. Unified Communications VoIP. Includes Dialer/ACD/Chat/email response.
• Disaster Recovery – Contingency planning including UPS, generator, alternative sites.
• Agent Work Force Management – Impact 360
• Sales Department – MS Dynamics
• Infrastructure – IBM / VMware
• Cisco Networking
• Security – OCI compliance
• Communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
• Be able to meet the physical demands of the job within the described work environment.
• Serve as Midco Connections professional representative when dealing with customers.
• Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility, and confidentiality in carrying out job responsibilities.
• Maintain regular attendance.
• Maintain the utmost confidentiality and security as it pertains to clients and Midco Connections as covered under the Electronic Communications Privacy Act and in accordance with the policies and procedures of Midco Connections.
• Multi-task; be able to change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign functions and responsibilities to this job description at any time.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as…
• Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Computer Science or related 2-4 year degree required
• 3 years management or supervisory experience, including oversight of large-scale projects preferred
• 5 years related experience in business software / systems development, telephony, and internet technologies preferred
• Experience in Contact Center operations preferred.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, and to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or computer controls, and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 30 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Proficient hand/eye coordination required to type while talking on the phone.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Employees may be required to work other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings, weekends, etc., and overtime as business demands.
• Employees may be required to attend on- or off-site business functions or training sessions as necessary.
• All employees are required to actively follow Midco Connections policies and procedures.
• The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
Midco Connections will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Midco Connections is an Affirmitive Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Weekly Estimated Hours:
Technology - Program Management
Please click on 'Create Profile' to apply to this position. If you know someone that may be interested in this position, please click on "Email a Friend' to let them know!
Midco Connections - 17 months ago
Midco Connections is a wholly owned subsidiary of Midcontinent Media with offices located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and Fargo, North...