Who we're looking for: Oracle DBA
In a nutshell, you will collaborate across teams, prioritize and reprioritize, communicate with the higher ups, define and design strategies, wrestle with vendors, herd cats, deliver babies... In short, use your talents to build leading-edge technical solutions and work with top-notch technical talent.
If you get excited with seemingly impossible tasks, if you like to work hard and play harder, if you think you can catch up with us - you're exactly who we are looking for.
What you'll be doing:
This is a Oracle DBA role largely responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. We are looking to fill a need to have a highly motivated individual in this role This is a production DBA role, as such it will require a commitment on your part as well as ours. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports (e.g. database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
The DBA role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing charges on production systems and proactively escalating issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
What you should have:
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university in Computer Science, Technology or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years managing Oracle in an enterprise environment
- Experience with Database Administration with Oracle
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for Oracle implementations
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics
- Backup Administration
- Experience working with Windows or Linux servers, including performance measurements and proper disk configurations
- Experience with geographically diverse user or application requirements
- Great communication and documentation skills
- Experience working with a ticketing system, tracing work done in hours and completing work according to set schedules