The Wrigley Company is a recognized leader in confections with a wide range of product offerings including gum, mints, hard and chewy candies, lollipops and chocolate. The company has operations in more than 40 countries and distributes its world-famous brands in more than 180 countries. Three of these brands - Juicy Fruit®, Wrigley's Spearmint®, and Altoids® - have heritages stretching back more than a century. Other well-loved brands include Orbit®, Extra®, Starburst®, Doublemint®, Skittles®, Freedent®, Airwaves®, Life Savers®, Eclipse®, and Winterfresh®. Wrigley is headquartered in Chicago, Ill., and operates as a subsidiary of Mars, Incorporated, a private, family-owned company founded in 1911. Mars, Incorporated is one of the world's largest food companies, generating global revenues of 30 billion dollars annually and producing some of the world's leading brands in six segments that include Chocolate, Drinks, Food, Petcare, Symbioscience and Wrigley.
Plan and execute production activities while ensuring safety, quality, volume, production, associate development and associate engagement metrics are achieved.
The team lead position is expected to make autonomous decisions throughout the production day. Those decisions will have a direct impact on the success of meeting safety, quality, production, volume and engagement metrics. The production manager will give guidance to the team lead when needed.
1. Ensure associates work safely throughout the plant by utilizing communication, personal leadership and accountability.
2. Exceed customer quality expectations by utilizing continuous improvement methodologies, communication, data analysis, and preventative measures.
3. Meet volume requirements in the assigned department through proper planning and execution of the schedule.
4. Meet or exceed production metrics through the use of total productive maintenance (TPM), continuous improvement, data analysis, and communication.
5. Proactively manage assigned associates training, development, and engagement with a minimum degree of guidance from the Production Manager.
6. Provide leadership, support, and guidance to other support teams (safety, quality, maintenance, engineering, logistics, and continuous improvement).
7. Perform other special assignments as requested by Production Managers or members of local Leadership Team.
- 4-year undergraduate degree or equivalent required; d egreed in Engineering, Science or Business preferred
- Experienced in Continuous Improvement preferred
- Knowledgeable in Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Ideally 3 years experience in food or CPG manufacturing environment
- Preferred 1 years supervisory experience in a food production or packaging role
- Working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
- Ability to convey communications clearly and concisely
- Demonstrated experience working in Quality and Safety
- Thorough technical knowledge of process, equipment, controls and products
- Knowledge of Food and Drug Laws, OSHA requirements
- Project Management
- Ability to work any shift as needed
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Experience using SAP preferred
- Understanding of major functions within the plant and the ability to work directly with all levels and functions
T he Wrigley Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
- Ability to walk, lift, pull/push, carry, reach, stoop as needed for several hours per shift
Wrigley - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Wrigley is a recognized leader in confections with a wide range of product offerings including gum, mints, hard and chewy candies, and...