Registered Nurse (RN) - Hospice Home Care
Requisition #: 64216
Status: See Posting Details
Business Unit: Community Care Services
Shift: See Posting Details
Department: Hospice Home - Oakland
Job Family: Nurses
Job Function: Nursing
Campus/Job Location Hospice Residence - Southfield
Location (State/City): US-MI-Southfield
Our health system thrives on teamwork, and we know our employees achieve the greatest results when they are working together for a common goal - to provide care for our patients. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment then we have a job for you!
Henry Ford Health System is one of the country's largest health care systems and a national leader in clinical care, research and education. Our system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, six hospitals, Health Alliance Plan, 32 primary care centers and many other health-related entities throughout Southeast Michigan. Founded in 1915 by auto pioneer Henry Ford, we continue to be committed to improving the health and well-being of a diverse Michigan community. In 2009 alone, Henry Ford Health System provided more than $173 million in uncompensated care. Henry Ford also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 23,000. Our health system is led by CEO Nancy Schlichting.
This requisition will support candidates interested in current and future opening's with Henry Ford Continuing Care Services - Hospice Care.
Currently we have positions available on a full-time, and part-time basis. All work assignments for this opening will function on the day shift.
Works under the supervision of the hospice manager and Vice President. In the absence of the hospice Manager would assume those responsibilities as assigned.
- Makes visits to hospice patients in the home and hospital to assess and identify patient needs in accordance with the hospice concept of care
- Coordinates with interdisciplinary team to provide complete patient/family care. Formulates and initiates the plan of care for physician approval based on assessment of patient and family needs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURES:
- Must maintain current Michigan licensure as a Registered Nurse. Hospice certification preferred.
- A working knowledge of current pain and symptom management, and experience appropriate to the needs of hospice patients and their families is preferred.
- Must have a valid state driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
- Prior Home Care experience is preferred.
- Background in hospice or oncology is preferred.
- Requires on call shift weekend and weekdays (Will be reimbursed for mileage and on-call time).
This position will travel to Oakland County, Northern Wayne, Detroit, Parts of Macomb, Howell and Brighton.
Physical and health status which would accommodate delivery of duties and access to patient homes.
Works in a clean, well-lighted office environment, on nursing units and patient homes. Occasionally subjected to irregular working hours. Shares on-call responsibilities. May be exposed to communicable diseases and environmental hazards on the nursing unit and in the homes of patients. Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquires. May travel to homes during variable weather conditions. Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license.
A generous flex benefit program includes medical/vision, dental, flexible spending accounts, 6 paid holidays, up to 4 weeks CTO, tuition assistance of $3,000 per year, free parking, life insurance, and three retirement programs. Salary is a competitive step progression based on the length of one's nursing career.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, weight/height, marital status, familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Henry Ford Health System - 23 months ago
Built around a hospital founded by Detroit's favorite son, the not-for-profit Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) is a hospital network...