The position objective is to increase the market presence of Fritz Industries Inc. in enhanced oil recovery market and other associated markets in which specialty polymers can be utilized. Of special interest is the production of partially hydrolyzed polyacrylamides and emulsion polymers.
1. Identify new business opportunities in the stimulation fluids additive market with the aid of the Director by:
2. Plans the activities of the research project with aid of Director. These activities include:
- Discussing industry needs with Director of Research and Development.
- Discussing industry needs with sales force.
- Discussing industry needs with research personnel internally and with our customers.
- Discussing needs with our production units for improvement of current product process.
- Studying trade journal and publications.
- Attending professional meeting, workshops and trade shows which serve our areas of interest.
3. Assist implementation of new products and processes in Production by:
- Identify the goals of the project.
- Identify the needs for the successful completion of the project.
- Monitor the progress of the project through completion.
4. Supervise technicians assigned to you by:
- Write outline process procedures needed for production.
- Conference with Production Project Managers (PPM).
- Conduct pilot studies with PPM and production personnel to finalize process procedures.
- Review process procedures.
5. Oversee quality assurance programs for products under your responsibility by:
- Create work schedule.
- Develop career path for the individual and mentor that individual so the path can be obtained.
- Maintain and establishes quarterly reporting matrices and key performance indicators of technical personnel you work with.
6. Managerial duties of team members to ensure the safe, efficient and effective completion of work within established guidelines and according to established policies, procedures, and standards, which include:
- Develop procedures and specifications for the product.
- Write procedure manuals for products.
- Train QA personnel developed procedures.
- Maintain recording of results in Excel Spreadsheet.
7. Provide excellent customer service (respond to sample requests within 24 hours) and respond timely to request (i.e., get back to phone messages and e-mails within 24 hours) and deal with other professionally.
- Coordinate all clerical requests by assigned technical personnel.
- Foster teamwork and promote 1 plus 1 equals 3 philosophy.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to quality and attention to detail.
- Communicate effective goals and objectives.
8. Continue professional development by monitoring current literature, professional workshops, professional development classes and/or professional society meetings.
9. Use excellent business judgment and rely upon appropriate information in making decisions.
10. Develop/oversee programs to maintain and protect the integrity of proprietary information and technologies. (e.g. Patents, secrecy agreements and trademarks)
11. Special projects as needed.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
- Master’s Degree or higher.
- 8 years of experience with polymer chemistry & related experience in polyacrylamide polymers.
- Skilled in the synthesis of water soluble polymers using gel polymerization and emulation polymerization techniques.
- Skills in using library or internet for literature research.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, creative and analytical skills.
- Computer literate.