The Communications Coordinator provides editorial and content management support for the Temple's print and online publications, email campaigns, website, and social media initiatives. The Communications Coordinator reports to the Director of Communications and works directly with staff across the Temple to develop and produce content, enforce brand and editorial guidelines, and ensure effective and efficient internal and external communications. This position also supports the Director of Communications with marketing, public/media relations, and other communications activities as requested.
Editorial content management and copywriting 65% *
- Percentages are approximations and subject to change.
- Manage the incoming communications request process (online communications request form system) and use this material to draft the Temple's e-newsletter, Email-uel, printed newsletter, The Chronicle , constituent-specific e-blasts and social media platforms; liaise with other staff on final content review.
- Maintain the Temple-wide editorial calendar
- Under the supervision of the Director of Communications, responsible for formatting and sending e-blasts on behalf of the communications department
- Responsible for recording e-blast and e-newsletter analytics (click through and open rates) into the editorial calendar.
Website management 25% *
Social media 5% *
- Perform web administrative support to all departments in the form of registration form creation and the initial posting of new programs, events, and classes.
Public relations and communications 5% *
- Edit and/or develop original content for all Temple social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr.
- Draft Temple press releases.
- Develop and maintain media list and manage all updates.
- Research and help foster relationships with editors and writers of local and Jewish-interest news outlets. Under the supervision of the Director of Communications, help to secure press coverage of relevant Temple news, programs and events, and position the Temple as a leader and a resource within the larger Jewish community.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Possession of a Bachelor's degree in related field required.
Minimum of two years of experience in communications and marketing and/or journalism required. Experience working for a civic, community-based or non-profit organization preferred.
Required Skills and abilities
- Strong oral and written communications skills - a minimum of three writing samples required
- Computer savvy with strong background in PC-based software; strong technical efficiency skills to learn new and complex internal processes and Web systems.
- High level of proficiency in social media tools including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr
- Prior experience in a fast-paced environment with an ability to be flexible, manage shifting priorities, and to keep a global perspective
- Desire to be part of an evolving organization and to contribute to its growth and reputation.
- High energy level and demonstrated drive to succeed.