Provide team and technical leadership for the design, construction, and performance tuning of SAP business warehouse InfoProviders (DSO, Master Data, and Infocubes), and Systems (including web interface, BI Portals) related to delivery of business intelligence analytics to users. Lead the effort to plan, develop, coordinate, and test maintenance activities for SAP BW with the SAP BW and SAP Basis teams. Support BW team in day to day support with end users and system / job monitoring. Advanced working knowledge of the SAP applications / BW tools / data environment. Work with the Information Delivery team to implement and support the information delivery technical architecture. Excellent systems and business process analysis, project management, and communication skills required. The SAP landscape consists of SAP ECC 6 EnhP4, SAP BW 7.3, and SAP Portal 7.02. Modules implemented include FI, CO, CM, AM, IM, PS, JV, PSA, PRA, CATS, GRC, MM, PM, and RLM.
- Perform business requirement determination, analysis, and design for SAP BW and business intelligence initiatives.
- Participate and facilitate project meetings, business partner interviews, and working sessions to develop detailed BW design and technical specifications.
- Evaluate design and provide project schedule, resourcing, and budget estimates.
- Create or modify data models and star schema diagrams according to design requirements.
- Project management deliverables (e.g. scope, schedule, costs, etc.) for assigned projects and tasks.
- Assist business partners with the validation and accuracy of BW data.
- Working with the SAP BW team, maintain data warehouse and business intelligence standards, policies, procedures, and documentation; and ensure best practices are followed through governance processes.
- Create and/or modify SAP BW Process Chains and InfoProviders according to design specifications.
- Design and create SAP BW queries and reports using Bex Query Designer and Analyzer. This includes providing support to business report analysts.
- Develop test plans, execute testing (e.g. unit, integration, UAT), perform issue resolution, and document results.
- Create and maintain systems, operations, and user documentation.
- Assist in the monitoring of the SAP BW system, troubleshoot issues, and determine solutions. Implement fixes to complex technical errors.
- Answer SAP BW questions forwarded by business partners.
- Hands-on experience with data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) including SAP BW Process Chain development and maintenance.
- Experience with database modeling in SAP BW.
- Understand SAP BW landscape and solution to support business partners.
- Advanced knowledge of SAP BW queries and reports using Bex Query Designer and Analyzer
- Experience with OLAP reporting.
- Strong skills in writing accurate document specifications; strong oral communication presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project.
- Experience with implementation and use of data warehousing applications for business reporting and analysis.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- ABAP programming experience.
- Functional understanding of processes with SAP ECC.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of IT experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years working with SAP BW and ABAP at the technical design and development level.
- SAP BW certification is preferred.
- Proven experience with relationship management.
- Experience in the Oil & Gas industry is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- PMP Certification is preferred.
Hess Corporation - 24 months ago
Integrated oil and gas company Hess Corporation has corporate exploration and production operations in Algeria, Australia, Azerbaijan,...