Service Management Internship – Commercial Insurance – Boston, MA
Gain valuable business experience at a Fortune 100 company!
Liberty Mutual’s internship programs give you a chance to work on a variety of critical business assignments, test your skills, use your academic knowledge and match your interests to a real job.
As an intern at Liberty Mutual, you will develop knowledge about the business through exposure to a functional area (such as claims, finance, sales/service, underwriting and/or IT). You will focus on developing the skills necessary for success by assisting professionals with day-to-day job assignments. You may be assigned to additional training or project work. The Company's internship program is intended to provide students with the opportunity to practice business skills learned in school while gaining work experience.
As a Service Management Intern you will:
- Enter and Retrieve information of varying complexity using computer systems and applications to update records and obtain information for others
- Assist in creation of Operational Dashboard for 2013 Service Management Metrics
- Build business and professional skills that will prepare you for leadership positions
- Gain valuable real world experience with a Fortune 100 company
This opportunity is for a full time internship during the summer of 2013.
As an intern, you
must be working towards a bachelor's degree
and possess a minimum 3.0 GPA (depending on school). In addition, the following criteria are highly recommended:
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Effective analytical skills to gather information, analyze facts, and draw conclusions
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to provide information in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships.
- Ability to work full-time for a minimum of 10-12 weeks (June-August)
We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way.
We believe that the Company's success is inextricably linked to our employees' satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success.
We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives everyday.
Responsibility. What's your policy?
Salary (Pay Basis)
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Liberty Mutual Insurance helps people preserve and protect what they earn, build, own and cherish. Keeping this promise means we are there...