Senior Global Supply Chain Analyst | #10701
Blount International, Inc. has an exceptional Senior Global Supply Chain Analyst opportunity at our global headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
We are committed to excellence in our people, products, performance, and profits. We value our employees and their contributions to our success; product innovation and product quality; continuous improvement through total quality management; environmentally sound and responsible business practices; honesty, integrity, and social responsibility in our business; and customer service. We believe our employees are the foundation of our Company's success, and we are committed to continuous learning and quality, focusing on the customer, respect and accountability, flexibility, and good relationships with others.
The successful candidate will focus on analyzing all supply chain activities that drive service levels to Blount's internal and external customers. Analyze the whole "end -to-end" process including the movement of goods through the supply pipeline, monitor current processes, identify and analyze gaps, develop process improvements and develop both short and long term strategic plan initiatives for the Global Supply Chain group within Blount. Other key repsonsibilities require critical skills in database management and spreadsheet analysis to help the organization increase cash flow, inventory turns, customer satisfaction, employee productivity, as well as to lead software enhancements such as SCM or other improvements in SAP.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Generate analysis, presentations, and recommendations in support of the Procurement, Planning, and Logistics teams to improve efficiency and reduce the operating costs of Blount's current and future distribution and transportation network
- Develop, refine, and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) for global supply chain leadership and executive management
- Cultivate relationships and partner with other functional areas such as Production, Purchasing, Planning, Distribution, Transportation, and Customer Service, to drive maximum customer satisfaction and profitability
- Build daily/weekly/monthly P&L dashboards to track Supply Chain expenses. Drive performance by communicating strategies to improve P&L throughout the organization
- Support the development of Blount's global Supply Chain strategy
- Perform industry, competitor, and customer research to identify trends, potential risks, and opportunities
- Research and provide critical data support for all global Supply Chain related contract negotiations
- Develop improvements and lead implementation and use of SCM and SAP software enhancements
- Own and lead key global initiatives and projects across the organization
- Provide analytical support for projects, new business opportunities, and proposals
- Present proposals to internal and external stakeholders including Blount's Senior Leadership Team
- Support the Global Distribution Manager and/or VP of Supply Chain as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or an equivalent of 10 years’ of related experience.
- APICS and CSCP certifications preferred
ABOUT BLOUNT INTERNATIONAL, INC:
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in global supply chain or logistics or a related discipline
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively verbally and in writing with personnel at all organizational levels inside and outside the company
- Proven facilitator of change management, champion ideas to influence the organization and ensure ideas are executed
- Demonstrated sound analytical skills with excellent project management skills
- Superior problem solving skills; must be proactive and customer service oriented for timely problem resolution
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to prioritize to meet personal and department goals and to manage day-to-day activities effectively
- Practical knowledge of global logistics and supply chain network modeling
- Proven application of Lean principles to assess and recommend key areas for improvement, reduce operational costs, and increase customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated team skills; ability to work effectively with multiple work groups throughout the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and experience with SAP or other Tier 1 ERP systems preferred
Blount is a publicly traded (NYSE: BLT) designer, manufacturer, and marketer of equipment for consumers and professionals in select global end markets, including Forestry, Lawn and Garden; Farm, Ranch and Agriculture; and Concrete Cutting and Finishing. We also supply major chainsaw and lawn mower original equipment manufacturers (OEM) with cutting attachments.
Blount’s global footprint includes manufacturing, sales, and distribution facilities in the United States, Canada, Japan, Brazil, China, and Europe. Blount offers products under the brand names OREGON®, Carlton®, Woods®, TISCO®, SpeeCo®, ICS®, and PBL®. For more information visit www.blount.com .
Blount will only employ those who are legally authorized to work. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Blount International - 18 months ago
Folks at Blount International have their work cut out for them. The manufacturer produces cutting chain, guide bars, sprockets, and...