Hunter Roberts is currently seeking Site Safety Managers with NYC DOB SITE SAFETY MANAGER LICENSES to join our New York business unit. We are considering local applicants only (no relocation benefits offered). The Site Safety Manager reports in functional authority to the appropriate Group Director of Environmental, Safety and Health Services. The Site Safety Manager serves in an advisory capacity to the Senior Superintendent or Superintendent, depending on project. He/she
Summary of essential job functions
· Serves as a technical advisor to project management on safety and health planning and problems.
· Applies recognized policies, procedures and work practices to promote the Company and project safety and health program and administers assigned functions to aid in this overall responsibility.
· Administers and coordinates as necessary medical and emergency first aid services and programs.
· Monitors compliance with mandatory safety and health laws, standards and codes.
· Tests the work environment and documents the results in order to eliminate or control hazards which could contribute to or result in an occupational illness.
· Investigates injuries, conditions, and incidents that do, or could involve actual or potential liability; maintains adequate records of pertinent data and compiles the required reports on individual job occupational injury and illness experience.
· If assigned, monitors compliance with established pollution control and environmental protection standards and regulations.
· Assists project supervision in the inspection of equipment, facilities and work in progress.
· In conjunction with project managers and engineering personnel, develops and initiates specific safety and health procedures in order to translate policies and regulations into effective work practices.
· Plans and utilizes promotional material to further safety and health education work among job craft and supervisory personnel; conducts safety classes and/or first aid instruction for supervisors and craft personnel.
· Implements project orientation to new hires.
· This individual shall have the authority to carry out the assigned tasks.
· Acts as point of contact for contractors’ and subcontractors’ Safety Representatives.
· Monitors MSDS and hazard communication compliance.
· Assists in the implementation and enforcement of the company’s Substance Abuse Prevention Program.
Educational and experience requirements include: 4 year engineering degree or equivalent, plus at least five years experience/knowledge of construction management required. Thorough understanding of industry practices, processes, standards, etc and their impact on project activities is vital.
New York Site Safety Manager License is REQUIRED.
· Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
· Advanced knowledge of OSHA regulations
· Prior experience with IIF safety program
· OSHA 500 preferred