Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized on Fortune's “100 Best Companies To Work For” and at the top of Fortune World’s “Most Admired Software Companies.” Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating break-through solutions that change the financial lives of more than 50 million personal users, seven million small businesses, and over 1,800 financial institutions and their millions of customers worldwide.
Combining organic growth with strategic partnerships, Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Our 8,000 entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market -- from QuickBooks®, Quicken®, and TurboTax®, to GoPayments, Mint.com, Intuit Healthcare Solutions, big data, SaaS, and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
As a senior Oracle DBA, you will play a critical role in shaping up the data and database strategy in global setting as Intuit transforms its database operations. Ideally, you should have a solid foundation in the design and architecture of databases embedded in enterprise services, boast expert level knowledge in physical and logical model, operate broadly in global setting, possess good communication skills, and enjoy problem solving both independently and in team settings. You also provide expertise in the definition and design of database solutions, including IT systems, applications, middleware, Oracle Fusion technology stack, processes and infrastructure, according to the established strategies, processes and standards. You will be part of a 7x24 global Operations team so it is essential that you have expertise with Oracle 11g RAC and RMAN, including design/architecture, best practices, installation, troubleshooting, performance tuning, administration. You will be a rock star if you have expertise in replication technology, in particular are Shareplex and Oracle Golden Gate.
The essential function of this role is below
Your ability to lead, think out of a box, and your desire to make a different in tinkering with emerging database technologies and industry trends are what we are after. We need for you to lead from the front in transforming our database landscape into the next generation database platform leveraging the cloud innovation. You will contribute to and own the forward looking Enterprise database strategy including but not limited to the development of our private and hybrid database cloud solutions utilizing the latest in database innovation from Open Source, database cloud, to traditional Oracle database platforms.
- Provide strategic best practices on design, availability, replication, security, audit, and backup/recovery methodologies. Continuously re-evaluate the infrastructure for opportunities for optimization
- Evaluate options and design architecture solution for backend database environments and web-based systems in order to support business, technical, and service-level objectives.
- Support the development of strategy, frameworks, best practices and patterns working with architects from other IT functions. Define and communicate the technical roadmap and lifecycle for the components and systems supported by the database administration team.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices. Perform proof-of-concept evaluations to assess capabilities and appropriate fit within architecture.
- Develop database performance benchmarks and optimize database performance through new features/technologies and refactoring
- Enact processes for constantly improving the performance, scalability, extensibility, interoperability, reliability, availability, and usability of the database architecture. Review and revise designs according to changing business and technical conditions to continue to meet or exceed service-level objectives.
- Create and manage database metrics for trending including performance, capacity, inventory optimization, and infrastructure design. Monitor key performance indicators and design/revise solutions or enhancements to improve/maintain performance/productivity at acceptable levels.
- Manage internal and external customer relationships, inform and advise project managers and stakeholders about project plans and implementations
- Monitor database performance, identify performance problems and make adjustments to database parameters as needed. Monitor CPU, memory and space usage of existing databases, and project future usage for current and planned databases. Analyze system performance, database performance, system health checks and implement tuning improvements.
- Minimum 10+ years Oracle database administration experience on a Unix platform (Linux, Sun Solaris), Oracle 10g and 11g.
- 4+ years experience in SqlServer and OpenSource databases such as MySQL, etc. Knowledge of emerging NoSQL and Big Data helpful
- Experience managing large volumes of content, both structured and unstructured. Expertise with Oracle 11g RAC, including design/ architecture, best practices, installation, troubleshooting, and tuning.
- Expertise in performance tuning, SQL, backup and recovery using RMAN and snapshot technology
- Expertise in bi-directional replication technology, in particular are Sharplex and Oracle Golden Gate.
- Expert experience with database administration, design, and deployment in a large, complex organization. Understanding of database packaged releases, global patching strategy, and enforcing standards via tools and automation is essential.
- Operational knowledge of Oracle Grid Control and RAC is mandatory.
- Substantial operational experience in a 24X7 environment.
- Experience in the techniques used to build highly scalable, economically feasible and high-performing systems, both backend and web-based systems.
- Strong development skills in Perl or Shell scripting languages.
- Solid knowledge of Oracle RDBMS internals. Expert level knowledge in database modeling, backup and recovery, performance tuning, security, and replication.
- Substantial knowledge in database monitoring tools, including Oracle OEM, Wiley, Splunk, etc., and related tools for non-Oracle databases is highly desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, and customer service skills.
- Excellent presentation skills to all levels of management.
- Experience in technically leading a team is a definite plus.
BS or MS in Computer Science with 10+ years of related
Oracle 11g certification is required
Learn more about our award winning workplace and how we give back to our local and global communities. Discover what it’s like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. How far can you think? www.intuitcareers.com
Be innovative… Be yourself... Be Intuit …
United States of America-California-Menlo Park
Intuit - 22 months ago
Intuit: Going Beyond Innovation
As the world evolves, so do we. Yet we remain driven by our passion for inventing solutions to solve...