White River Junction, VT or San Diego, CA
Resource Systems Group, Inc. has an immediate need for a transportation systems modeler. This person will work in teams conducting transportation analyses for a broad range of state, regional and federal clients. We have an extensive variety of interesting work across the U.S., including a substantial workload developing and implementing land-use and transportation models to support transit and toll facility investment decisions, along with research to identify best practices in modeling.
The ideal candidate for our rapidly growing firm is a team player who is extremely organized, detail-oriented and resourceful. This person must also have strong communication, analytical and computer skills and a desire to develop ‘best in class’ modeling methods and tools .
We seek someone with the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree or higher in an engineering or planning field focusing on travel demand modeling or transportation systems analysis and engineering
- Demonstrated experience in developing and using transportation models
- Proficiency with transportation modeling software packages (e.g.,Cube, EMME,TransCAD, VISUM)
- Ability to integrate and analyze data, including statistical model estimation
- Solid understanding of GIS, database, and statistical software (e.g. ArcGIS, SQL, SAS, SPSS, R)
- Some familiarity and comfort with computer programming (e.g., scripting in Python, C#)
- Strong verbal and technical writing abilities
- Awareness of and ability to contribute to research in integrated modeling
- Experience with activity-based models and dynamic traffic assignment models are beneficial, but not required
Resource Systems Group, Inc. - 15 months ago