The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for executing analysis and predictive modeling of activities associated with Marketing, Product Management and Sales. He or she supports client/prospect segmentation efforts, client/prospect lifecycle marketing, direct marketing and standard and ad hoc analytic requests.
: Identify patterns and meaningful relationships in product, sales and transactional data and present findings that can be effectively communicated to all levels of management
: Participate in the upfront planning of marketing plans and identifies key performance indicators and ROI tied to plan.
: Develop test and control procedures to measure the financial impact of all marketing activities, such as catalog, direct mail, and e-mail marketing efforts.
: Leverage statistical techniques to develop models that predict client/prospect behavior, such as purchase likelihood, likelihood to defect, upsell/cross sell opportunities etc.
: Build market segmentation analyses and use them to help identify opportunities for increased business. Draws strategic and tactical conclusions from analyses to make recommendations and influence partner's go-to-market strategy.
: Track migration of clients/prospects through the buying lifecycle (e.g. acquisition, conversion, cross-sell/upsell, defection, reactivation) and analyze results of marketing programs designed to influence migration.
: Capture and analyze results of marketing activities through key performance indicators and ROI, providing results by activity and summary of results by quarter.
: Work with the Marketing, Product Management and Sales organizations to identify value-added analysis projects.
Knowledge and Qualities
- 4+ years experience in analytical field with an emphasis in direct or database marketing. Experience in a business-to-business marketing environment is a plus.
- Experience extracting and manipulating data from SQL databases for analytic purposes
- 4 years experience in statistical modeling and analysis (regression, clustering, CHAID, ANOVA, t-tests)
- 4-5 years experience with SAS programming and writing SQL code
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or equivalent experience in Statistics, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Finance or Business. Master's degree preferred.
- Financial analysis skills and knowledge of financial metrics such as ROI
- Ability to formulate problem statements and structure analyses to solve them
- Exposure to campaign management or marketing automation tools
- Understanding of the principles of direct marketing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple, diverse tasks simultaneously and autonomously
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
Experience working with a team of professionals with varying degrees of skills and professional backgrounds.
Position reports to Director, Client Information and Analytics
iCIMS Social Distribution
- 3 years ago - save job