Oversees and Coordinates the activities of the Advertising Insertion Team. Directly responsible for maintaining high availability playout of ad insertion content. Must be able to analyze and react quickly to technical problems and be able to understand all aspects both operational and technical of the Ad insertion system. Candidate must possess strong organizational, communication skills, be comfortable working in a fast paced, stressful environment, be flexible, organized, proactive, multi-tasking and comfortable working independently. An understanding of Ad Insertion concepts and applications in a Broadcast Television environment is desired. Experience in IT/networking is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Manage and coordinate all activities of the Ad Insertion division including being on-call, work assignments, staff meetings, schedules, hiring, job performance and appraisals.
- Maintain high availability of ad insertion playout, minimize customer outages and communicate technical issues and solutions with other departments and managers as well as clients and customers.
- Design and implement Ad insertion system enhancements and workflow changes driven by business as well as customer needs.
- Work independently to achieve high performance and to produce the desired results
- Multi-task and coordinate a range of activities
- Interact smoothly with all levels of broadcast center team members, teams external to the facility, external vendors/contractors
- Demonstrate the ability to learn the business and technical flow of complex systems and their dependencies to maintain efficient participation and support with the baseband engineering and operation teams
- Effectively interface with highly technical personnel and departments.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors. Stay in control when others are not
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or board of directors.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university plus at least two years of experience; or at least six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination education and experience.
EchoStar - 16 months ago
EchoStar provides satellite services for video transport and digital cinema distribution. Whether delivering multichannel digital services...