Lock Desk Analyst
Coordinate with RoundPoint offshore LockDesk team to complete LockDesk tasks. Accept rate locks from clients (mortgage loan originators), confirm the data related to the pricing of those rate locks, register those locks with the relevant loan conduits, and confirm the locks back to the clients. Also, maintain the registration (rate lock) data, including registering ongoing updates. Other duties include monitoring markets, conducting pricing analysis, and collaborating on new initiatives.
- Communicate and coordinate tasks with the RoundPoint Capital Markets team.
- Accept Rate Locks from internal clients, and confirm rate locks back to those clients.
- Perform critical review of Rate Lock sheets to ensure that sheets are completed correctly, the loan qualifies for the product for which it is being locked, and all pricing adjustments have been properly made.
- Communicate with mortgage loan officers, underwriters, processors, and shippers regarding exception requests, pricing, and product questions.
- Communicate with representatives of RoundPoint’s correspondents to confirm rate locks, make changes to existing rate locks as needed, and determine eligibility.
- Ensure that all loan registrations are entered properly into the loan origination system, and enter all necessary changes in those systems on a timely basis.
- Cancel withdrawn locks with investor companies.
- Serve as a backup to the Rate Lock Desk Traders in generating and distributing the Daily Price Sheet.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics or related discipline
- MS Excel proficiency
- 0-3 years’ experience
RoundPoint Mortgage Company - 18 months ago