The Office of Admissions is seeking a Social Media Coordinator to join the Social Media Team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team solely dedicated to supporting the social media presence of Berkeley College in New York and New Jersey.
The Social Media Coordinator will report to the Director, Social Media and is responsible for contributing to the strategic vision and implementation of Berkeley College’s central social media efforts for the Office of Admissions. The candidate must have an established digital footprint and a continuous professional presence in the social media space (through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, and other emerging platforms). The Social Media Coordinator must be recognized as a thought leader, with a proven track record demonstrating community management and brand strategy.
• Assist and help manage the College's use of social media and other web-based technologies to promote the College and enhance student recruitment and enrollment management efforts.
• Engage in conversation with the social media community, rather than just pushing content
• Monitor and respond to conversations via Social Hub previously known as Radian6
• Create new content and adopt existing content about the College for use on the College blogs and social media sites primarily Google+ and Facebook
• Concept, film, and edit video content
• Create an engagement plan to promote the College’s social media sites and social media website
• Measure the impact of social media efforts using various metrics (e.g., online conversations, tonal sentiment, viral impact, search visibility, views, reach, etc.)
• Use College's content management system to add content to the College's social media website
• Reach out to and build relationships with student contributors
• Serve as social media consultant to internal audiences
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or New media is preferred
• Two years professional experience in a field that is directly related to the functions of the position
• Must possess advanced writing skills for content creation to support digitally produced content
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Tacit knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite products
• Graphic design and/or video production experience preferred
• Proven understanding of social media and its role in higher education
• Strong understanding of online behaviors and, emerging trends with proven understanding of how they can be applied in a higher education marketing context
• Experience in a high-pressure, professional communication environment in a capacity that assists and supports senior team members
• Solid understanding of social media platforms, digital marketing, brand strategy, public relations, analytics, SEO, SEM, and monitoring tools
• Excellent organizational skills
• Attention to detail, superior proofreading, research and fact-checking ability are critical
• Must be able to work with creative teams and must be able to work well with a diverse spectrum of colleagues
This position requires evening and weekend hours.
Please submit with your application links to social media accounts you manage and any other portfolio samples that would help define your creative experience.
Berkeley College - 13 months ago