POSITION TITLE: Training Specialist I
Impressive opportunities are waiting for you at PSCU, the nation's largest credit union service organization. PSCU is the leader in credit/debit/ATM card processing, call center operations, and advisory services for credit unions and other financial institutions. Come join us, where the atmosphere is always open and inviting! At PSCU, you'll see that the people are friendly and supportive, and guidance is always available from colleagues and our dedicated leadership team. If all this sounds good, then PSCU is the place for you.
The objective of this position is to meet the performance consulting needs of all members and PSCU employees by effectively developing and delivering training programs, seminars, workshops, and guidance for newly employed and existing personnel to ensure the transfer of knowledge and performance improvement. The incumbent will provide comprehensive programs, which will develop and enhance the skills of newly promoted and existing personnel at all levels. NOTE: This position will be located in Phoenix, AZ, and will provide training for Call Center representatives.
1. Ability to exercise initiative, discretion and independent judgment in making decisions and interact effectively and positively with all levels of personnel, credit unions, and vendors.
2. Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats with individuals or groups and facilitate proven learning transfer through adult learning techniques.
3. Ability to effectively utilize various audio/visual support aids, personal computer, laptop computer, LCD projection, telephone, fax, and other general office equipment.
4. Ability to manage multiple priorities, work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
5. Ability to travel by automobile, plane, train, etc.
1. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
2. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
3. Moderate travel required (15-20%).
4. Schedule flexibility is required, which includes periodic night and weekend work.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Attain and master certification in primary curriculum within 12 months of hire. A high degree of accuracy is critical due to potential losses and liability. Begin cross-training in additional curricula no later than 12 months after hire.
2. Provide basic skills training primarily to PSCU staff. This includes, but is not limited to: First Data system, First Track system, Imaging, CallPro, SalesForce system, Hyperion, Kronos, Lawson, PSCU products and services, Business Writing, and Microsoft and other software applications.
3. Become certified in distance learning facilitation of both content and technical application.
4. Use proven techniques and instructional design adult learning theory to design and develop, maintain, and deliver interactive workshops, programs, and seminars for PSCU personnel to assist in increased productivity and performance improvement.
5. Serve as performance consultant for PSCU staff by observing and analyzing job performance in areas of certified content, to include, but not limited to: First Data System, CUScripter, Symitar, CallPro, PSCU solutions, and technical and basic skills. Upon completion of the observation, make recommendations based on professional judgment for performance improvement. A high degree of accuracy is critical due to potential losses and liability
6. Keep Member Relations and/or department management apprised of any issues that may warrant their attention with regard to a member/owner credit union or PSCU staff.
7. Using knowledge of advanced learning styles, develop exercises and reviews to ascertain participant's knowledge and level of performance.
8. Perform needs analysis on a regular basis with credit unions, PSCU managers, supervisors, and staff to develop, maintain, and keep current existing classroom and self-paced training programs.
9. Learn and utilise assigned technical design programming, such as Camtasia, Storyline, or Adobe.
10. Perform other various duties as assigned to the position.
1. Supervise participants during extended new hire training classes to include coaching and appropriate disciplinary actions up to termination. Report such disciplinary actions to the Manager of Training, Human Resources, and the appropriate department management staff.
2. Review and correct employee's performance and production during training and transition into job function.
3. Identify performance gaps during training and apply appropriate adult learning techniques to assist participants in reaching desired productivity levels.
4. Apply appropriate judgment in reporting each participant's performance identifying weaknesses and strengths, and make recommendation for improving performance.
5. Conduct analysis of the impact of training using all four levels of evaluation.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Education, Adult Learning, or Business Management OR equivalent combination of education and experience required.
2. Master's degree in Adult Education preferred.
1. Minimum three (3) years training and development experience, including needs analysis, program development, training delivery, and performance consulting required.
2. Minimum three (3) years professional knowledge and experience in financial services (credit cards, merchant activity, debit cards, lending, etc.) required.
3. Minimum two (2) years experience in training Microsoft Office products required with an advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
4. Excellent listening skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
5. Advanced working knowledge of PC with proficiency in MS Windows software; Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel spreadsheet applications.
6. Strong organizational skills and time management skills required.
In exchange for your valuable contributions to our company, we offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401K plan with immediate vesting and company match; tuition assistance.
Building Careers By Committing To Your Success!
Since 1977, PSCU has been a leading provider of traditional and online financial services to credit unions. Today, we represent more than...