SUMMARY: The Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) Facilitator II is responsible for leading Business Unit improvement initiatives to enhance productivity, improve employee effectiveness, and meet business objectives.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : No supervisory responsibility
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategic Business Perspective:
Responsible for managing, delivering and facilitating improvement initiatives (Rapid Improvement Events, 6S Events, Structured Problem Solving, etc.) for GMCR.
Align and implement CPI best practice methods to Business Unit and Site strategic/tactical priorities.
Good understanding, teaching and application of CPI Level II tools including: A3s, 6S, visual controls, brainstorming, Root Cause Analysis, Structured Problem Solving, 8 Wastes, RIEs, Pull method, TAKT time, One piece flow and Priority Matrix, within a Value Stream or Process.
Works closely with CPI Manager in the development, coordination and execution of improvement events for GMCR – expanding level of CPI knowledge and application of CPI tools over time.
Contribute information and ideas to the strategy process. Create mission/site tactical/strategic A3s.
Contribute to the production of CPI plans and budgets; Create tactical (1 yr.) mission work (i.e. site or functional plan of care) plans.
Present to teams ranging from 5 to 60 individuals key concepts around CPI.
Contribute to the CPI Culture creation. Foster an environment of positive change and accountability.
Lead by example in use and application of CPI tools and methodologies.
Drives for CPI Results:
Develop communications with GMCR Leadership Team, and CPI Core Team on Lean transformation (including improvement initiatives, findings, successes, plans and trainings.)
Manage assigned portfolio of CPI Initiatives (including the management of improvement events, building project timelines, and executing follow-up activities).
Partner with CPI core team members to execute improvement events and effectively meet team goals.
Contribute to the creation of business cases for improvement initiatives.
Institutionalizing the utilization of the visual management system to track expected vs. actual results; continuously improve CPI initiative implementations.
Manage site/function direct and/or indirect CPI resources.
Coaching leaders to translate CPI knowledge into daily work through developing and monitoring standard work at all levels.
Provide peer coaching on specific CPI tools and methods.
Support initiatives run by the CPI Manager and CPI Facilitator I.
Lead discussions and planning sessions with GMCR Leadership Team to prepare for improvement initiatives.
Writes and maintains training and presentation documents for CPI tools and CPI management principles.
Measures Effectiveness of CPI:
Collect, synthesize, analyze, and report CPI measurement data.
Facilitates reviews of improvement event using measurement data at the appropriate steering teams.
Track CPI metrics and report to respective departments, functions, categories or teams on progress.
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
- Track CPI metrics and report to Process Owner, Stakeholder(s) and Sponsor(s) on progress.
- Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by GMCR and the department.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
- College degree and experience facilitating Continuous Process Improvement initiatives
- Experience training others on job components and working in a Consumer Packaged Goods setting
- Working knowledge and ability to apply in a business setting
- Process and Project Management experience working in a matrix or cross-functional team
- Understanding of GMCR business processes
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to multi-task, work with multiple stakeholders, and meet performance goals
- Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instructions.
- Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Predominately sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (67% - 100% of the workday).
An offer of employment for this position will be contingent upon the individual successfully completing a pre-employment physical, as provided by a GMCR selected physician. This individual will also be required to authorize GMCR to run a criminal background check. The examination and criminal background check must be completed prior to the first day of employment. GMCR reserves the right to determine the suitability of an applicant for a position based on an evaluation of all available informatino, including but not limited to past work performance, applications, resumes, references and background checks. GMCR is an E-Verify employer and EOE.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters - 16 months ago
We believe in using the power of business to make the world a better place. Each step on the long road from tree to cup gives us an...