Provides information and customer service to guests of marina by performing duties included as part of IGY’s customer service standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Provides service to marina guests that meet established quality standards for all marina related operations; ensures the recognized standards are maintained and that quality and delivery commitments are met.
- Makes and confirms reservations, verifies arrival and departure times and arranges for baggage handling and other services requested by guests; maintains records of slip availability.
- Greets and registers guests; provides escort instructions to Dock Assistants coordinating appropriate guest and luggage transportation.
- Manages all guest financial transactions; verifies guest credit status and issues charge cards where applicable; posts charges such as moorage, power, water, food, liquor, or telephone to ledger; computes final bills and collects appropriate payments.
- Answers guest inquiries and provides information pertaining to restaurants, mechanics, travel, provisioning, florist, carpenters, medical, painting, entertainment, laundry services, safety inspections, varnishing, and legal services.
- Issues facility security ID and supports marina and facility security teams in their security related efforts; reports disturbances in marina office area to superiors and maintains general vigilance.
- Transmits and receives telephone messages; date stamps, sorts, and racks incoming mail and messages, and coordinates delivery of same.
- Makes restaurant, transportation, or entertainment reservations and tour arrangements at guests’ requests.
- Deposits guests’ valuables in marina safe.
- Maintains VHF radio and in-person communication with vessels, Marina staff and marina management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
VHG Operator’s certificate and basic first aid preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 100 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include Ability to adjust focus.
Career.VI - 13 months ago