As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
General Dynamics has an immediate need for a Software Developer in a mid-sized federal agency in Washington, DC.
The candidate will research, design, develop and/or modify enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software. The candidate will build and code applications and/or models using various computer programming languages. Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), CMMI and best industry practices in documentation, guidelines and statistical methods will be integral to this position. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proficiency in Visual Studio.NET 2010, SQL Server 2008, Visual Source Safe, C#, .NET Remoting and ASP.NET.
MCTS: Microsoft .NET Framework certification required.
- Plan, develop, test, and document highly complex applications programs.
- Generate new code and correct, convert, and/or modify existing code to meet specifications.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which code will be written.
- Confer with end-users to analyze specified methods and procedures, identify problems, and document specific requirements.
- Write and update technical documentation such as user manuals, product specifications, and training material.
- Perform a variety of testing procedures on assigned products, analyze test results, and correct problems.
- Prepare reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and present results to management and/or customer personnel.
- Serve as a customer interface to ensure problems are resolved and requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Perform research on emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced developers and engineers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 8-10 years of related software development experience.
- Knowledge of software engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
- Strong knowledge of SQL.
- Demonstrated experience with SDLC, CMMI and best industry practices in documentation, guidelines and statistical methods.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Visual Studio.NET 2010, SQL Server 2008, Visual Source Safe, C#, .NET Remoting and ASP.NET., and related development tools and applications.
- Experience with SOA services & WCF are highly desirable.
- Experience with version control systems is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Classic ASP and knowledge of industry best practices in statistical methods is a plus.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a teamwork environment.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 13 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...