As the nation's first multi-campus charter school, Friendship Public Charter School has been producing college-ready students for over 15 years. From Preschool through 12th grade, Friendship invests in providing a rigorous academic curriculum that enables our children to excel as ethical, literate, and well-rounded leaders in a 21st century economy. We surpass our peers across the District in public education with a 91% graduation and college entrance rate. To this end, we also hold the quality, success, and development of our teachers with paramount importance. We provide a number of professional growth and development opportunities which have afforded us both the 2010 and 2011 DC Teachers of the Year, and 3 outstanding school principals who launched their careers in our classrooms.
The Human Resources (HR) Assistant is a valuable member of the Human Resources Department that serves our children by effectively performing a variety of HR related functions. The HR Assistant possesses a strong knowledge of a range of HR areas that is only enhanced by their commitment, attention to detail, and quality customer service.
- Maintenance of employee information in HRIS system (ADP)
- Complete employment and payroll verifications
- Organize all HR department records, employment files and maintains operation of office equipment
- Maintain the HR Help Desk to better serve the needs of the HR Department and employees
- Assist with administering benefits Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, 403(b), etc.
- Initiate payment and breakout of invoices related to HR
- Provide and run reports as needed on personnel to meet the needs of different departments and managers
- Creating hiring packets and assisting with new employee and benefits orientations
- Primarily provide administrative support (filing, scheduling, typing, collating documents) to the Human Resources staff with special projects, such as but not limited to exit interviews
- Draft, edit, types and compose correspondence for the supervisor approval on varieties of subjects on an ongoing basis, as assigned by supervisor
- Maintains discretion regarding confidential information that passes through the Department of HR
- Supports meetings/conferences and meeting materials preparation and dissemination
- Coordinates and supports meetings and events and prepares meeting materials
- Communicates the employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting
- Conducts new employee orientations; administers pre-employment tests; conducts reference checks
- Assists in exit interview process
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
FPCS’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, status as a special disabled veteran, or any other protected criteria as established by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to recruitment and hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, layoff, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. Employment decisions at FPCS are based solely upon relevant criteria, including an individual’s capabilities, qualifications, training, experience and suitability.
- Requires prior knowledge of principles and practices of human resources
- Prior experience with an HRIS database preferred
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy
- A bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, OR
- One to two years' experience in the HR field, OR
- Any similar combination of education and experience
Friendship Public Charter Schools - 18 months ago