Job Title: Secretary I (7478)
School: Colfax Elementary
Starting Hourly Rate: $13.72
School Year: 12-13 School Year
Position Start Date: ASAP
The Secretary I will work under the direction of the Office Manager to ensure that all responsibilities in the office are fulfilled.
To perform entry level secretarial duties and responsibilities. To follow routines learned in training, and complete work that is largely predetermined, repetitive, requiring no independent decisions or infrequent minor decisions. To perform word processing, filing, recordkeeping, and data management. To perform limited analysis and report preparation. To schedule and coordinate the activities of designated administrators, managers and supervisors. To provide general office clerical support within a team of secretaries and office support staff. To perform transcription and various office clerical duties, including operation of a variety of office machines, as required or requested.
1. Performs entry level secretarial duties and responsibilities, and receives training, technical direction and guidance to perform higher level functions.
2. Performs a variety of administrative support duties, including word processing; filing, recordkeeping, attendance, enrollment, data management; scheduling/coordinating; transcription; and other office support duties, including operating a variety of office machines, as required or requested.
3. Responds, as directed, to requests for administrative and clerical assistance from other positions, managers and supervisors, and departments.
4. Develops and maintains effective working relationships with all contacts, internal and external.
5. Develops and maintains a general awareness of current and proposed activities. Keeps immediate supervisor informed of activities which may have a positive or negative impact on duties and responsibilities performed by managers, supervisors and staff supported by this position.
6. Conducts analysis and report preparation research and analysis of data/information, as report findings as required or requested.
7. Maintains both the integrity and confidentiality of all data, research and analysis, as directed.
8. Operates a variety of office machines including but not limited to desktop computers, printers, scanners, copiers, fax machines, and calculators.
9. Receives, coordinates and acts to ensure for the proper handling of telephone calls, postal and electronic mail, express/priority/over-night mail/correspondence, receipt/delivery of supplies, equipment and materials, and other communications, as required or requested.
10. Maintains both the integrity and confidentiality of all data, research and analysis, as directed.
11. Performs other related duties, including special projects, as required or requested.
Graduation from High School or equivalent, with an emphasis in general office support and administration. One (1) to three (3) or more years of related experience is required.
A demonstrated experience providing secretarial, administrative and clerical support individually or, as a member of a clerical/secretarial pool to individual managers and supervisors, or to a team of managers and supervisors.
Due to the volume of applicants, you will only be contacted if a personal interview is requested.
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is...