FUNCTION & PURPOSE
1. Manage the assigned region (East, Midwest, or West) sales force to achieve business unit objectives, including annual sales in excess of $20M.
2. Improve professional selling skills across the sales force.
3. Improve coordination of efforts at national/international accounts.
4. Maintain focus on personal target accounts, and manage sales force to ensure they also maintain focus on target accounts.
• Achieve sales growth and profitability objectives for the defined region.
• Ensure that personal and direct report’s defined key objectives are met.
• Sales Management Responsibilities:
• Coaching and training of professional selling skills to direct reports, to support ele-ments of the selling process.
• Manage an opportunity pipeline which is consistent with the BU objectives. Ensure direct reports are doing the same.
• Develop local strategies for target accounts.
• Monitor and support local execution of strategic plan and modify approach as re-quired.
• Coordinate local efforts to support cross-territory accounts.
• Manage and ensure a cooperative selling effort across the region relative to key opportunities.
• Foster and maintain an atmosphere of professionalism and motivation within the sales force. Serve as a mentor and role model to encourage personal and professional growth among the group members.
• Maintain an active role in defining the vision and path for business growth through collaborative effort with the VP of Sales.
• Maintain a continuous awareness of competitors’ market position and product portfolio in order to advise the Sales VP on issues of strategic positioning.
• Provide prompt and regular communication to the Sales VP of the status of key projects, potential problem areas, and changes in priorities or schedules.
• Ensure the proper selection, use, installation, and application systems for all Sika Industry products in order to provide maximum customer satisfaction and risk management
Candidate's home base must be located in any state east of the Mississippi River.
• Bachelors degree in business administration or relevant area
• Ten years experience in sales
• Minimum five years experience with polyurethane applications and/or bus, truck, rail, boat and recreational vehicle industries
• Minimum two years supervisory experience
• Excellent com unication and organizational skills
Sika Group - 18 months ago