The Sales Training Manager, Oncology will be a member of the Learning & Development Department and should have a thorough understanding of the following:
The Sales Training Manager will:
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals product(s) and their application(s) in the respective disease state management given the competitive landscape.
- Key Principles & Skills
- Consultative Selling Skills;
- Adult learning principles in the delivery of clinical and skill based programs;
- Business Acumen.
Palo Alto, CA preferred, but other locations will be considered.
- Exhibits exceptional degree of understanding of the clinical applications and benefits of Jazz Pharmaceutical’s products. Viewed as an expert internally and in the field.
- Determines the most effective approaches to meet the product learning needs of the business. Applies advance instructional design principles and the adult learning model to enhance content delivery. Leverages and shares best practices from the past and new principles and concepts across all brands/products.
- Performs detailed needs assessments in coordination with the Sales Leadership (ABDs, RSMs), L& D, Marketing, and Commercial Operations.
- Translates business needs into clinical & sales training products and programs. Consistently enhances and updates the current training programs and products.
- Prepares and/or oversees the preparation of sales training products and programs such as classes, workshops, learning modules, poster books, and other job aids and materials for distribution to L&D customers and program participants with minimal supervision and guidance. Including routing all materials through the CALM process.
- Facilitates Foundation (Phase I), and Advanced (Phase II) Training Classes – highly skilled at group facilitation and group learning exercises.
- Designs and implements metrics to measure clinical training programs and products impact, effectiveness, appropriateness, and utility.
- With general direction, proactively identifies, effectively filters and distributes relevant educational resources (i.e. clinical papers) to the L&D customers and other appropriate audiences while remaining conscientious of legal and regulatory parameters.
- Often initiates collaboration with all L&D customers and resources: Sales, Marketing, Development, Medical Affairs, Clinical, Legal, Regulatory, Health Systems, etc. to ensure consistency, avoid redundancy, and that needs are met and leverage internal resources thereby ultimately, enhance training programs.
- Often initiates collaboration within L&D customers to ensure consistency, avoid redundancy and thereby enhance training programs.
- Displays leadership within and the sales management team.
- Serves as a consultant to Senior Management, Brand and Sales in long range planning, brand planning, launches and other training programs and products.
- Successfully manages vendor projects and on-going vendor relationships.
- Models compliance through all activities and interactions
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor (BA or BS) degree required.
- 5 years pharmaceutical/medical sales or marketing experience including Field Based Trainer experience, preferred -or-
- 3 or more year’s experience developing and delivering clinically focused training and sales results related training.
- Competence in following areas: Needs Assessment, Facilitation, Prioritization, Decision Making, Collaboration, Planning & Organizing, Implementation/Follow-up, Written and Verbal Communication.
- Ability to travel as needed, usually within the US. During certain intervals, travel may be significant.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.