The Instructional Design Manager will be primarily responsible for analyzing, designing and developing training content for our portfolio of products. As this position involves collaboration across multiple departments to develop learning solutions and execute training curriculums for both our customers and internal team members, the ideal candidate will be able to manage multiple deadlines and have exceptional facilitation and communication skills. Training solutions must meet the needs of the learners and the business while being creative, practical and engaging. Strong problem-solving and analytical skills are a requirement for anyone in this position. The successful candidate will have a sound background in creating operations, technical and soft skills training in a variety of applications such as computer-based training, facilitator-led training, blended learning, self-study, and job aids. This is an excellent opportunity for a creative and driven individual to work on a small team and have a direct impact on the growth of our unique, fast-paced business.
Other duties/projects as assigned
- Apply solid instructional design skills, effective learning principles and creativity to course design to engage participants in the learning process.
- Utilize adult learning theory to create learning solutions which encourage an interactive, engaging, and thought provoking learning environment
- Collaborate with business partners and subject matter experts to analyze, design, develop, implement and evaluate training solutions
- Identify appropriate instructional strategies and define learning objectives appropriate to a fast paced retail environment by gaining firsthand experience in stores
- Develop, manage and maintain training content for computer based training, facilitator-led training, blended learning, self-study, and job aids
- Collaborates with Technical Writers to design user guides and other courseware documentation
- Remain current on industry trends and related technology
- Effectively manage training projects and prioritization. Anticipate and escalate project issues as they develop
- Lead, develop, and manage a team of software trainers/instructional designers
- Conduct Train-the-Trainer sessions as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Demonstrated expertise in project management and meeting facilitation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Efficiently utilize Microsoft Office
- Creative, innovative, problem solving skills
- Passion and enthusiasm for delivering results
- Strong work ethic
- Appropriately prioritize and organize to complete all job responsibilities in a timely manner
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment under tight time constraints
- Ability to provide clear, constructive feedback on instructional and creative deliverable
- Adaptable and flexible; able to think outside the box, yet operate within the lines
- Customer service oriented
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master degree preferred (Education or Instructional Design/Technology degree preferred)
- Online curriculum development experience
- 4+ years of experience in instructional design (Health Industry preferred)
- Previous teaching or online course development experience in higher education (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to apply principles of adult learning, learning styles, and various instructional design approaches and processes to the learning content
- Proven leadership experience
- Experience in vendor management
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- Experience with authoring tools (e.g, Dreamweaver, Flash, Articulate, Lectora, Camtasia, Captivate, Elluminate)
United States of America-Virginia-Charlottesville
When you really need an answer -- fast -- toss out the crystal ball and bring in Alere. The company offers both professional and consumer...