Offers, shows and leases homes to military families within established housing portfolio. Presents homes to residents by selling the benefits and amenities of living in military home communities, ensuring that a high and stable occupancy level is maintained in the portfolio.
Essential Job Functions
1. Meets with prospective residents, identifies their housing needs, and interviews them to determine eligibility based on established criteria, shows vacant homes and community amenities based on established techniques specified by the company. Quotes established rental rates and promotions. Makes follow-up calls, sends follow-up literature and pursues rental status. Collects funds related to applications, security deposits and rentals.
2. Prepares leases and related lease addendums. Maintains lease records and files. Maintains community waiting list and other updates to various records and reports in accordance with policy and procedures, and applicable military housing programs. Supports and ensures timely input, proper use of on-site PC-based community/ property software for leasing data.
3. Communicates with residents regarding questions and concerns and takes steps to resolve issues or refers them to appropriate associates. Responds to all applicants and residents in a courteous and prompt manner.
4. Works directly with the military family housing office to monitor waiting list and communicate home availability. Coordinates the relocation of the existing residents during construction periods.
5. Ensures homes are ready for occupancy by inspecting, placing move-in products and last minute touches when necessary. Coordinate the family move-in, distributes keys, move-in package, safety video and other appropriate paperwork at time of lease signing.
6. Maintains current knowledge of marketing and leasing techniques. Strives to attain affirmative marketing goals to include current knowledge of homes, community amenities, and awareness of current rental rates and promotions of competitive properties, local agencies and local attractions/points of interests for residents.
7. Seeks out new residents through outreach, direct marketing, cold calling, distributing literature and contacting government, social, religious and community organizations in local target areas. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and local laws particularly regarding resident-landlord relations, all Fair Housing laws and company policies and procedures related to Fair Housing.
Has daily interaction with Relocation Manager as well as other associates to obtain and exchange information. Internal contacts include General/Assistant General Manager, Government Housing Office staff and other internal office personnel to obtain and exchange information, Corporate Office Departments to respond to inquiries. External contacts include prospective residents and residents to obtain and exchange information.
Requires High School Diploma/GED as well as a valid driver's license. Depending on property needs, may be required to have valid real estate license and/or be able to obtain a real estate license as a condition of employment within a specified timeframe.
Must have 2-3 years experience in sales and/or leasing; military housing and relocation experience preferred. Must possess good computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook); One-Site and Yardi software experience preferred.
Knowledge of property management leasing and/or sales gained through formal education or on-the-job training preferred. Strong customer service orientation; good verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge of Fair Housing laws.
Travel for this position is rare.
Drug Free Workplace
Forest City Enterprises - 16 months ago