Develops and monitors the social services programs for the CSA. Establishes and maintains, standards, quality levels, cost effective, and customer focused services. Establishes interfaces with community services.
• Plans, develops, implements and maintains social services policies and procedures, delivery of social work programs, and discharge planning services.
• Oversees social services case management activities.
• Manages staff activities, ensures their competencies, and develops/presents in-services.
• Recommends, develops, and implements new programs enhancing services to specialized patient populations and reducing hospital and office visit utilization.
• Develops and manages departmental budget.
• Identifies and implements opportunities for cost reduction and improved services.
• Identifies community resources for our members.
• Collaborates with community organizations in developing new programs or enhancing current community services which are available to Kaiser members.
• Develops, implements, and monitors the quality assurance of the social services programs and staff.
• Identifies issues which interfere with the delivery of services and develops techniques to resolve them.
• Collaborates with medical center departments, community agencies and health plan members on matters related to discharge planning and ensures that services are provided in an integrated fashion.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local requirements.
• Previous supervisory experience (usually five (5) years).
• Field medical social work (usually five (5) years).
• Master's degree in social work from an institution accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
• LCSW required.
• Sound knowledge of fiscal management theories and principles.
• Knowledge of different levels of health care; understanding of human development and psychodynamic theories.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Kaiser Permanente - 16 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...