FARO Technologies, Inc. is continuing to develop new products that will revolutionize and disrupt the high-tech measurement and imaging industry. FARO® is the world leader in 3D imaging and measurement systems. We are a global company traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange with a passion for excellence and success.
FARO is seeking a Senior Network Administrator for our IT Team at our Corporate Headquarters in Lake Mary (Orlando) FL. This is an ideal job for a network professional with more than 5 years experience working on Windows networks and servers.
We have a culture of innovation and an absolute commitment to reliability at all touch points. FARO partners with each customer to simplify their work through innovative measures. We just celebrated our 30 year anniversary by having one of our valued customers, Paul Jr. Designs, build a custom FARO-themed chopper. FARO’s motorcycle build was recently featured on Discovery Channel’s popular television series American Chopper: Senior vs. Junior.
FARO encourages employee success by offering excellent benefits and a variety of career and training opportunities. We are completely focused on simplifying processes through innovation, integrity, teamwork, accountability and a friendly work environment.
Perform duties to evaluate, recommend, develop, implement and integrate new or upgraded network and applications software for use on the organization’s information systems networks, provide user support and maintain the performance and status of software and network resources to meet user requirements and ensure optimal system operation, working within the limits of established policy.
1. Design, build, and administer the maintenance of the organization’s Network. Act as the project leader to configure and administer the applications and services facilities within the network as assigned.
2. Review and respond to inquiries from network system users. Determine user requirements. Identify and diagnose problems with hardware, software or configuration of equipment and make repairs or recommend changes to hardware and/or software to resolve problems. Utilize technical support from hardware or software manufacturers as a resource to aid in identifying and resolving complex computer related problems.
3. Work with users, technical staff, vendors and contractors as required to evaluate current systems and processes, define technical requirements, and assist in the selection of vendors and applications to meet the organizations requirements. Implement authorized programs, monitoring the work of outside contractors and other technical staff involved.
4. Administer the system security. Implement approved policies and programs for system security.
5. Evaluate and configure the installation of new or upgraded applications software and operating systems. Create and maintain system administration tools and troubleshoot as needed when problems are encountered.
6. Identify and report on status and performance of network systems and software. Recommend replacement of or addition to network elements or changes in software configuration. Perform upgrades to hardware and software elements of the system as required to maintain maximum functional level of network and its components.
7. Maintain awareness of new technology and assess its value to the organization presently or in support of future directions. Recommend contingency plans that control risk factors in applicable information systems.
8. Create project plans and proposals for approval on current and future projects.
9. Develop, implement and maintain Disaster Recovery plans for network hardware and software.
10. Prepare purchase requisitions for approved items as required and forward for approval and placement by others.
11. Create procedures for review and inclusion in departmental procedures and policy manual.
· 5-8 years Server Administration on Microsoft platforms
· 5-8 years with User Services (troubleshooting user problems, upgrading & maintaining workstations)
· Strong experience with Windows Server 2003/2008
· Strong experience administering Exchange Server 2010
· Strong experience installing and administering VMware Virtualization
· Strong experience with VOIP Phone Systems (Cisco Call Manager)
· Strong experience with Network Infrastructures (Cisco - Switches, Routers, Firewalls)
· Strong experience managing Symantec Backup Exec
· Experience supporting multiple business locations
Preferred certification or experience in any of the following, but not required:
Certifications: A+, Network +, MCP, MSCE, CCNA, VCP, CCA
Skills: Exchange 2010, VMware 5 (vCenter, SRM, Operations Manager), SCCM 2012, Cisco Infrastructure (Switches, Routers Firewall, Wireless AP/Controllers), Cisco Phone Systems, Citrix Server & Netscaler, SharePoint 2010, Symantec Backup Exec Software, SQL Server; Disaster Recovery, TrendMicro Anti-virus, HP Servers and Storage, Exagrid, Salesforce.com
FARO Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace with Pre-Employment Drug Screening. EEO/AA/M/F/D/V
FARO Technologies - 30+ days ago
FARO Technologies, Inc. (FARO) designs, develops, manufactures, markets and supports portable, software driven, three-dimensional (3-D) meas...