The Speech Therapist manages and provides skilled speech/language pathology to patients/clients with a wide variety of diagnoses and disabilities, taking into account individual patient's special physical or age-related needs. Requires skills in patient/client evaluation and treatment, as well as professional consultations to achieve maximum patient/client independence in accordance with individual's functional level and potential. Performs all duties in a manner which promotes team concept and reflects the Silverton Health mission and philosophy. Works directly with rehabilitation services department staff, ancillary personnel, and physicians. Communicates with patients, families/caregivers, insurers, and other health care workers/ personnel.
Position offered through a joint venture with PT Northwest. Please visit http://www.ptnorthwest.com/careers.php for more information and to apply.
- Master's Degree or Doctorate Degree or equivalent from an accredited Speech/Language Pathology Program - required. Current Conditional Speech/Language Pathology licensure through the appropriate State Licensing Board.
- Occasionally a position will require specialized speech/language pathology training or experience to meet a particular department need. Must be able to travel between sites in a timely manner as assigned. AHA BLS required.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of currently accepted speech/language pathology theory and practice, and associated legal and ethical issues. Solid communication, organization, and problem solving skills
- Ability to provide a variety of complex services using good organizing, prioritizing, and time management techniques.
- Ability to administer standardized Speech/Language Pathology tests, follow treatment protocols and utilize departmental equipment.
- Ability to use Rehabilitation computerized documentation, billing and e-mail software programs.
Silverton Health is located in the heart of Oregon's Willamette Valley, just 20 minutes east of Salem, our state capital and 45 minutes from...