Department (s): English and Modern and Classical Languages
Supervisor(s): Dr. Clint Brand and Dr. Elizabeth Coscio
Location: UST Campus, Malloy Building
Schedule Hours: Monday through Thursday - 8:30am to 6:30 pm (1 hr. lunch period)
Friday - 8:30 am to 12:30 pm
The University of St. Thomas, a private university committed to the liberal arts and to the religious and intellectual tradition of Catholic higher education, is seeking an Administrative Assistant III. The University enrolls more than 3,700 students with its main campus located in Houston's Museum District.
Duties and responsibilities:
Position is primarily responsible for providing administrative support and assistance to the Chairs of the English and modern and Classical Language Departments. Support may be provided, on request, to the Women, Culture, and Society and Latin America and Latino Studies departments.
Duties include standard administrative and secretarial duties including drafting correspondence, filing and maintaining file, typing various correspondence reports, greeting visitors, answering the telephone, typing expense reports, and other miscellaneous administrative duties, as assigned. In addition, position is responsible for coordinating the utilization of students workers assigned to these departments, monitor budget reports, prepare check request, and may direct the work flow of other administrative assistants in the department.
Skill and Experience Requirements:
- A minimum of five years of experience as an administrative assistant.
- A minimum of three years of experience working with budgeting and other financial reports.
- Work experience at an educational institution preferred.
- Demonstrate an advanced level of proficiency and knowledge in Microsoft and Excel.
- Must demonstrate a minimum of 50 words per minute skill with minimal errors.
- An intermediate level of proficiency and knowledge in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have experience drafting correspondence, reports, and memoranda with proficient use of English vocabulary and grammar.
- Work experience involving working with teams and a variety of individuals at different levels required.
- Demonstrate effective organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks in an efficient and accurate manner.
Non-smoking office environment.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 10 lbs. on a regular basis.
Must have the flexibility to work overtime, when requested, in order to complete various projects and events.
This is a full-time, benefit-eligible position with occasional weekend work.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources - Ref: 0413
University of St. Thomas
3800 Montrose Blvd.
Houston, TX 77006
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
HigherEdJobs - 17 months ago