This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Nutritional Science division. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position provides specialty nursing and/or medical care in a clinical research setting; works under physician oversight as required by state regulation, and functions within the scope of practice defined by the NP’s specialty certification, BJH medical by-laws, and, where it exists, the collaborative practice agreement.
1. Provides direct research participant care to include obtaining medical history, performing assessment via observation, interview and examination; orders, performs, and interprets diagnostic studies; develops and implements participant-centered study plan in collaboration with physicians, consultants, nurses, ancillary providers, and others as appropriate to the study protocol
2. Manages and performs study procedures: including muscle and fat biopsies, arterial line placement and other procedures per study protocol.
3. Monitors/ensures accuracy of research records, maintains all required reports, records, statistics, etc.
4. Maintains a safe, comfortable, and therapeutic environment for participants in accordance with established clinic/hospital standards
5. Provides management services for clinical research study projects; monitors participating subjects, including medication administration and participant education
6. Works in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental, and infection control standards
7. Regularly participates in constant quality improvement and process improvement activities centered on the goal of providing exceptional, evidence-based patient care
8. Enhances professional growth and development through educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops
Current MSN with emphasis in the Nurse Practitioner program; APN licensure or ability to successfully obtain licensure within 3 months of date of hire
Certain/additional certifications may be necessary based on area of specialty; Basic Life Support certification
Holds current certification in patient care field and required specialty
Market driven compensation based upon experience.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Med School HR website (http://medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
- Retirement Savings Plan
- 22 vacation days
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Sick Time
- Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
- Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
- Free Life Insurance
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flex Spending Plan
- Other Benefits
Washington University in St. Louis is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women, ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Washington University in St. Louis - 22 months ago
Employer of Choice in the St. Louis area!
Washington University School of Medicine is an employer of choice in the St. Louis area. The...