Serco Inc. is a leading provider of professional, technology and management services focused on the federal government. We advise, design, integrate and deliver solutions that transform how clients achieve their missions. Our customer-first approach, robust portfolio of services and global experience enable us to respond with solutions that achieve outcomes with value. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco Inc. has approximately 9,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1.5 billion and is part of a $6.6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Our business unit provides support in three major areas: business process services, where we perform the actual function that the process is relate to; business process related software, that helps us manage the various components, the systems associated with the software in the process; and then there is a business process management which is used to help design and track the performance of the specific business process. The business units work supports primarily the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of State, and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. We support our clients with a work force of over 2600 Serco and Serco subcontractor employees and provide mission critical support services that primarily support Immigration, Visa Processing and Commerce.
Serco Inc. is seeking a Help Desk Service Technician (Tier 1) to add to our Government Contract in Fair Oaks, Va,. This position provides support to end users on a variety of issues.
•Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
•Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support. Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution. and procedures.
•Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
•Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. Responsible for providing assistance in the continuous operation of the FRTIB Tier 1 Help Desk.
•Provide support and monitoring services, to all customers as outlined by the client. Attend and participate in customer, internal and team meetings.
Objective: Answer and resolve a minimum of 65% of issues presented
1) Answer telephone and email request as submitted
2) Be available and logged into the ACD system a minimum of 60% of the available timeframe outlined
3) Assist in troubleshooting reviewing and technique training for peers
4) Escalate unresolved issues/request to the appropriate team members or escalation groups.
5) Follow current established documented process
6) Verbal communication with team members and management to address requests as received.
Objective: Review email: personal and engagement (if applicable) email account
1) Review and take appropriate actions of emails submitted to the Help Desk account.
2) Resolve 75% of the items submitted to the Help Desk email account.
3) Review personal email for lead/manager outstanding items, communications (internal or customer
4) Respond to outstanding inquiries or requested items
Objective: Initiate and utilize IMS system
1) Review outstanding tickets for documented supported groups
2) Validate tickets meet current established documented criteria
3) Open Remedy tickets using current established process
Objective: Maintain and keep current, the FRTIB – Tier1 Procedure Manual for location, content, and accuracy.
1) Review all procedure change notices as part of initial shift activities to ensure up to date awareness of any change activities that may alter operational duties or problem management responsibilities.
2) Ensure that all activities and responsibilities related to his or her specific duties are clearly documented and are updated/reviewed as required.
3) Identify processes that require additional/new documentation or update/review to ensure that all procedures are well defined and accurate.
4) Participate in the review and update of all general department wide Procedural documentation to ensure procedures are in place and current.
5) Create and submit articles for publication to the Knowledge base, which is used by the Help Desk team.
Objective: New Employee Training / Acclimation
1) Participate in the training for all new staff members using current established process
2) Ensure all new staff members understand procedural manual and office requirements
Objective: Create new and innovative ideas to improve productivity efficiencies.
Responsibility or Duty:
1) Develop and implement procedures, which will increase the effectiveness of the Help Desk Team.
2) Provide technical/operational expertise in the development, update, and implementation of new and existing operational processes and tools that are required to perform our jobs.
Objective: Maintain a safe, clean, working environment in the all areas of operation.
Responsibility or Duty:
1) Ensure that all safety policies are adhered to and unsafe conditions identified and reported
2) Enforce Housekeeping Standards
Objective: Monitor and respond to alerts generated by NOC/SOC systems and manual health checks.
1) Run manual health checks as proscribed by SOP
2) Monitor NOC/SOC automated systems
3) Respond to incidents as proscribed by SOP
4) Escalate to Tier2 when incidents are out of scope for Tier1
Windows based personal computers, Blackberry, Analog Phones
1.Windows XP, Server 2003/2008
Required Skills and Experience:
Requires 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Two years college level education in data processing, MIS or computer science or equivalent experience.
1.Experience in a multi technical level Help Desk or Support Center for greater than two (2) years.
2.Working knowledge of a Help Desk operation, which supports greater than 500 customers.
3.Knowledge of a networked computer environment, too include appropriate peripherals.
4.Incident Management System usage within the past 6 months of employee, and a full working knowledge of the escalation and processing methods for case creation
5.Microsoft Office products
6.Experience in using and supporting MS-Outlook for greater then two (2) years
SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1.Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
2.Ability to work under stress.
3.Ability to work as a team player
4.Ability to exercise excellent problem management skills
5.Must be able to work independently
6.Able to analyze difficult/complicated situations with careful attention to detail.
7.Strong, proactive and creative problem-solving skills
8.Able to effectively handle and manage multiple tasks within specific time frames.
9.Able to easily and positively adjust to changing priorities and department processes.
10.Follows oral and written instructions accurately.
11.Effectively manages time and work flow to meet schedules.
12.Expresses ideas and technical subject matter clearly and concisely.
13.Good understanding of departmental policies and procedures, reporting, support processes.
14.Typing capability of 50wpm or greater
15.Excellent verbal communications while utilizing a telephone
Candidates mus be able to t pass background investigation
Candidates must have Green Card or US Citizen work status.
Employment Type: Full time
Serco , Inc. - 18 months ago
Serco employs over 100,000 people in more than 30 countries, delivering local services informed by many years of international experience...