Amazon Kindle is a revolutionary reading device, the #1 best-selling product on all of Amazon, and one of the most innovative and fast growing businesses at Amazon. Amazon has also developed significant digital and mobile businesses include Amazon MP3, Amazon Instant Video, IMDb, Amazon Mobile store, and Audible. Many of these applications run on a range of mobile platforms including iPhone, Blackberry, Android, Windows Mobile and WebOS.
You'll lead a talented team of software developers to deliver components, processes, tools and conventions to create OS middleware that will enable the next generation of Amazon's connected devices. You will work closely with the Digital Products leadership team to help drive product strategy, you'll work with the technical leaders to define system architectures and technical innovations and you'll motivate and inspire your team to deliver technology that a few years ago people only dreamed about. You will be part of a team that will deliver products that will make the front page of all major technology blogs and will amaze your friends and family.
The successful candidate will ideally have...
The job involves:
- Proven ability to iterate across design, product and development functions to ship successful products.
- Knowledge of SDK's for internal and external parties.
- Ability to drive cross-functional initiatives
- Ability to create processes, infrastructure and technology to pull together releases of software products involving distributed software teams.
- Creating a release strategy for OS middleware, bringing together innovations across several software teams.
- Creating processes and tools to drive consistency in architecture, APIs, quality, packaging, versioning.
- Working with application and low level OS teams to ensure conformance of middleware with performance and power consumption goals.
- Working with product managers for OS, device and SDK products to consolidate requirements and drive release strategy and prioritization.
- Driving technical requirements down to component owners.
- Creating a feature lifecycle and accountability model
- Work with QA management to create uniform quality standards for component owners and middleware releases.
- 10-15+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering.
- A proven track record of delivering products to market in the consumer electronics field.
- A software development background and a passion for leading software engineering teams.
- Strong technical skills, you don’t have to code full time but you love reading code, design docs and collaborating on software architectures.
- The ability to recruit, build, motivate and inspire a world class software development team.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for innovation and raising the bar in teams, technology and projects.
- Experience with novel hardware and software techniques, especially those that have consumer-facing applications.
- Experience leading small and large organizations (50+ people)
- An analytical mind that thrives in a data-driven environment
- Strong organizational planning and development, business judgment, technical leadership, and communication skills
- Ability to lead multiple simultaneous product development efforts and initiatives
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...