Under the supervision of the Associate Dean, to teach courses in the Funeral Service Program, participate in committee work and engage in direct instructional activities. Duties include teaching in laboratory settings when necessary and to provide advising to students enrolled within the program, and other duties as assigned. Will be required to participate in Summer Internship Program.
1. Must have a Baccalaureate degree in a related field. Faculty members must earn a Master's Degree within 5 years of initial employment.
2. Five years of occupational experience as a Funeral Director.
3. Must have graduated from an accredited American Board of Funeral Service Education program.
4. Must currently hold a valid Funeral Director/Embalming License from the State of Wisconsin or be qualified to obtain license upon hire.
5. Must maintain memberships in state and national funeral services associations.
6. Knowledge or experience with engaged and service learning strongly preferred.
7. Must be able to communicate effectively through both oral and written means.
8. Must have knowledge of assessment of student academic achievement techniques.
9. Must meet State of Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) instruction certification requirements. WTCS Certification Requirements Summary
10. Must meet Higher Learning Commission (HLC) standards (if applicable).
11. Must be able to relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, social and educational backgrounds.
12. Teaching – Must embrace and demonstrate the MATC Core Abilities and Standards of Teaching Excellence in development and delivery of instruction.
MATC Core Abilities
• Communicate effectively
• Collaborate with others
• Respect diversity
• Demonstrate responsibility
• Think critically and creatively
• Utilize technology
• Apply math and science
• Demonstrate environmental responsibility
• Embrace change
Standards of Teaching Excellence
• Understanding Students and Fostering Student Success
• Classroom Management
• Content Mastery and Currency
• Teaching Methodology
• Assessment of Student Learning
• Professional Contributions
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
1. Ability to lift 50 pounds with or without accommodation
2. Ability to sit or stand for class duration with or without accommodation
ESSENTIAL TECHNOLOGY :
1. Email - Experience with an Email system (GroupWise, Outlook, Gmail…)
2. Telephone - Experience with a voice mail system
3. Computer - Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
SUPPORTIVE TECHNOLOGY :
Experience with or willingness to learn the following supportive technologies:
1. Online Information Management Systems - Experience with INFOnline or other online information management systems used for student advising, student programs, grading, class schedules and rosters
2. Blackboard - Experience with Blackboard or other web-based course - management systems
3. Technology-based Instruction - Experience with technology-based instructional delivery systems including SMART symposium, interactive touch screen monitors, LCD projectors, DVD players and/or other classroom technology
4. Emerging Technologies - Experience with emerging technologies (eg. social networking applications)
5. (Optional) Distance Learning Instruction - Experience with on-line, two-way video, ITV, and other methods of distance learning instruction
Salary is based upon education and experience. A Master’s degree and three years of related experience would gross an approximate beginning salary of $38.99 hourly.
Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC) is not just for techies. The two-year college offers about 200 degree, diploma, certificate, and...