Meet Virgin America
Virgin America is a brand new airline dedicated to making flying good again. Virgin America incorporates the Virgin Brand’s world-renowned customer focus and distinctive style, to create a high-value, low-fare airline that’s reinventing domestic flying through award-winning service and innovative amenities.
Are you Virgin enough? Virgin America loves team members with the thirst and creativity to make this the most wowed airline in the sky. In return, we promise to make this a company where inspired people like you will always thrive.
Guest Services is a team of energetic, focused, and flexible people who have fun at what they do. Our role is to provide our guests with personalized service dedicated to ensuring that the entire travel experience is enjoyable and hassle free.
Main Purpose of the Role
The Airport Guest Services Team Member reports to the Station Supervisor, participates in a ‘we’ environment, and is responsible for guest service at the airport.
The Airport Guest Service Team Member must be an assertive, self starter, who proactively assumes responsibility for the airlines operational integrity and one whom takes action to keep the airline safe, on-time and consistent with our values. Team Member must be highly organized, focused, and multitask oriented with the ability to prioritize tasks. The position requires quick thinking, and in depth knowledge of overall operations. Must display an intense desire to satisfy both our internal (flight crews, ground operations, maintenance, etc.) and external customers.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Professional Experience Required
- Proactively create an initial rapport with Guests and anticipate their needs
- Perform the full range of Guest service functions including:
- Guest check-in and assistance
- Gate management / boarding announcements
- Baggage Services - lost luggage claim processing and tracking through World Tracer
- Operations functions
- Learn and operate a computerized reservations system.
- Responsible for driving the Jet-Bridge for Guest loading and unloading.
- Assist unaccompanied minors and special needs Guests.
- Perform cleaning of the aircraft cabin.
- At times act as the Operations team member:
- Communicate pertinent information to Flight Crew personnel
- Determine aircraft performance and weight limitations
- Plans and communicates mail, freight, and luggage loading procedures
- Determines and communicates any Guest capacity or weight restrictions
- Briefs flight crews on local weather, Guest loads, mail/cargo loads, fuel loads, gate changes, and Air Traffic Control holds
- Distributes flight plans, flight release, fuel slips, and load messages
- Complete daily reports; Responsible for updating FLIFO (flight following)
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- May include assistance with station auditing and reporting duties.
Skills & Abilities Required
- Background in Airport Operations preferred
- 2 years of Customer Service experience
- Possession of a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Previous Airline or Travel Industry experience preferred.
- At least 18 years old
- Able to work flexible shifts
- Possess and maintain a valid drivers’ license
- Operational experience focused on the Guest experience and safety, on-time, and baggage performance
- Solid leadership skills including developing people, driving results, identifying opportunities for and managing change, etc.
- Ability to work within tight budgets.
- Innovative and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Desire to push the envelope and challenge status quo.
- Keen understanding of and fit with the Virgin America brand and culture.
- Natural feel for and passion towards exceptional service.
- Self starter, motivated, a desire to contribute and make a difference.
- Ability to motivate, mentor, lead, coach and develop staff is absolutely critical.
- Willingness to work hard and have fun doing it!
- Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
An offspring of Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group, Virgin America took flight just as high fuel prices and a recession rocked the...