The primary purpose of the job is to :
The Care Connector is responsible for supporting the daily operations of integrated care management and utilization management program interventions. The Care Connector performs in a contact center environment, effectively processing calls from Members, Providers and other areas, internal and external to the company. The CC identifies members with Care Gaps/HEDIS related health conditions and assists them in accessing care through Plan benefits and community resources. Under the direction of Clinical staff, the Care Connector will provide members with educational materials and carry out strategies to increase health care adherence and reduce barriers to care.
Education and Training:
High School Diploma or GED required.
One to three years customer service experience
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills on phone and in-person
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- proficient PC skills in a Windows based environment including word processing, spread sheets and working in database programs.
- Working knowledge of Plan Benefits and Services is preferred
- Proven ability to keep accurate and timely records and documentation according to established processes
AmeriHealth Caritas - 17 months ago