Intermountain's Riverton Hospital is located at 3741 West 12600 South in the heart of the growing southwest Salt Lake Valley, serving the communities of South Jordan, Riverton, Herriman, and Bluffdale. Riverton Hospital is a full-service community hospital dedicated to high quality patient care in a welcoming and healing environment. "I can and I will" is a philosophy developed at Riverton to remind us that in every situation we can always do something to help our patients and visitors and all of us promise that we will.
The Riverton Medical Surgical unit is a 26 bed unit that takes a variety of patient populations including diabetes, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, general surgery, gynecologic surgery, orthopedic surgery, and more. Within the Med/Surg unit is also a 4 bed ICU that is staffed separately and is a part of the overall Medical Surgical unit.
The Patient Care Assistant is a vital part of the patient care team providing care and comfort to patients and families under the direction of the nursing staff. In this position you will be able to utilize and develop your clinical skills to ensure a positive patient experience.
1. Prioritizes and delivers basic patient care which may include toileting, bathing, linen and clothing changes, fresh water and ice, ambulating, comfort measures, and other patient needs.
2. Assists with admission, discharge, and transfer of patients.
3. Provides excellent customer service when responding to patient/family requests.
4. Reports and records patient care findings and data in a timely manner. Reports changes in the patient condition quickly, and secures qualified assistance as needed.
1. Collaborates and consults with RN and other members of the interdisciplinary team for best patient care.
2. Demonstrate effective teamwork, prioritization, communication, and organization.
3. Performs non-nursing duties as delegated, i.e.: cleaning, stocking, answering phones, clerical support, providing directions, etc.
4. Implements plan of care as delegated.
5. Performs assigned duties within scope of practice and performs specialized procedures with skill validation and according to regulatory standards. Foster a safe environment by complying with the safety policy and taking appropriate action in an emergency.
The Health Unit Coordinator is an essential part of the inpatient care team. They work in a fast paced and exciting environment where they experience the daily routine of the clinical and medical teams as they provide care to patients. Their role is to ensure the smooth operation of the unit they support by keeping records maintained and organized, submitting physician orders for lab work, medications and testing and compiling patient records. The Health Unit Coordinator acts as the receptionist to their area by greeting and assisting visitors, answering and directing phone calls, answering patient call lights and notifying nursing team of patient needs. Their organizational and customer service skills help set a positive tone to the work environment and impact the lives of those they serve.
Entry Rate: $9.91
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: This is a Full time, Variable shift position which requires rotating weekends.
Additional Details: May also function as the Health Unit Coordinator and Telemetry Tech
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) Certification OR current enrollment in an accredited nursing school with successful completion of first clinical rotation
- This position requires verifiable current Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR certification. An original card must be verified prior to start date or the job offer will be withdrawn. For additional information regarding CPR requirements please visit our Job Requirements Page.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Six or more months experience as a Certified Nurse Assistant
- Six months previous Health Unit Coordinator experience in a hospital setting
- Basic understanding of medical terminology
- Six months Telemetry Tech experience
- Must be able to regularly lift 50 pounds unassisted, be on your feet for entire shift including walking, pulling, pushing, twisting.
- Must be able to transfer and position patients independently and safely
- Hearing/Listening, Manual Dexterity, Seeing, Speaking
After applying, please check your email often. Some positions require assessment testing and notification will be sent to you through email. Once the email notification is sent, you will have 24 hours to complete the assessment. If the assessment is not completed within the allotted time frame, your application may not be considered further.
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 23 months ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...