The University of St. Thomas, a private university committed to the liberal arts and to the religious and intellectual tradition of Catholic higher education, is seeking an experienced Assistant to coordinate the front counter operations of the Enrollment Services Center and assist with the daily functions of the Registrar's Office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills and experience:
- This individual will report to the Registrar or designee and will share responsibility for student service at the Registrar/Financial Aid service counter
- Assist students, alumni, and faculty with registration process
- Verify accuracy of students' enrollment status and academic progress
- Review registration forms for completeness; refer students to appropriate professional staff members as needed
- Responsible for the receipt and distribution of mail including mass mailings
- Work cooperatively with other university offices to efficiently and effectively meet the needs of students.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of the annual commencement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of administrative assistant or related experience required
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to multitask and establish priorities in a fast paced environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
- Proficient using MS programs including word, excel and outlook. People soft experience a plus.
This is a full-time, year round, benefit-eligible position. Please send resume and cover letter via email to:
- Occasional and evening hours
- Non-smoking environment
Human Resources - Ref: 0713
University of St. Thomas
3800 Montrose Blvd.
Houston, TX 77006
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
HigherEdJobs - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -