FUNCTION: With supervision, perform laboratory and field testing of construction materials.
PRINCIPAL AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
1. Work independently performing testing services in the following areas:
A. Field tests of plastic concrete
B. Compressive strength tests on hardened concrete, mortar and grout samples.
C. Field density and laboratory moisture/density of soils.
D. Mechanical analysis of soils.
E. Documentation of test results to project manager, client or earthwork contractor as required.
2. Assist work coordinator in laboratory tests of other construction materials.
3. Maintain equipment and work area in a clean working order.
4. Follow all safety rules and procedures. Because of the potential for dropping heavy pails of sample material, the use of hard toed shoes or boots when handling samples or using the equipment in the lab is required. Protective eye wear with side shields will be required during all testing steps. Protective leather gloves are required during work in the lab & field.
The services provided are performed to the standards of industry including ASTM, AISC, and ACI as well as state laws governing professional services. All services will be performed in accordance with AET's QA/QC procedures. The Level I Technician will have an instrumental position in developing the expertise and efficiency of the department, including training and service orientation. The objective is to provide high quality services at a fair price, while maintaining costs to provide "plan" margin.
1. Maintain chargeable productivity of 85%
2. Understand and be able to perform ASTM procedures C39, C42, C67, C78, C140, C936, C952, C1072, E447, E518.
3. Clean equipment and work area on a daily basis.
4. Obtain and maintain MN/DOT certifications.
5. Obtain and maintain ICBO certification.
MAIN REQUIREMENTS TO CANDIDATE
1. Ability to frequently lift/carry 35-60 pounds from the floor to 2 feet. Occasionally lift 60-100 pounds from floor to 2 feet.
2. Ability to frequently carry 30-60 pounds from 10-30 feet. Ocassionally carry 60 - 100 from 10 - 30 feet
3. Ability to stand/walk with frequent stooping and bending for up to 8 hours.
4. Clear driving record while employed.
SECONDARY REQUIREMENTS TO CANDIDATE
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Obtain/maintain A.C.I. MNDot certification as necessary to peform the job.
Proud to be an AA/EEO/Veteran Friendly Employer
American Engineering Testing, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard