OPHTHALMIC TECHNICIAN POSITION AVAILABLE
Ours is a 29-year-old medical/surgical solo ophthalmology practice that offers state-of-the-art services to our well-established and ever expanding patient base. By virtue of the fact that this is a solo practice, it offers patients and staff a considerably more intimate and personal atmosphere than do larger practice formats. Our smaller staff enjoys a congenial relationship that encourages a more pleasant and cooperative working environment.
The individual we seek must be competent and accurate at the following tasks:
- History taking, asking relevant questions to clarify the chief complaint and present illness
- Lensometry and automated lensometry
- Keratometry and automated keratometry
- Automated refraction and dependable subjective refraction from which a prescription can be written (without the doctor having to check it). (Strongly preferred but possibly not required)
- Assessment of visual acuity
- Examination of pupils, extra ocular movements, muscle balance testing (basic), confrontation visual fields, external exam
- Slit lamp assessment of chamber angle depth (as pertains to safety of dilation)
- Applanation tonometry
In addition to these technical abilities, the candidate should possess the following characteristics:
- Professional appearance
- Organized with legible handwriting
- Calm, “people-oriented” type of personality
- Enthusiasm for the job
- Ability to work efficiently and stay on time
- Reliable and punctual
Salary and benefits are very competitive and will be commensurate with candidates’ experience and credentials.
If this position sounds attractive to you and you believe that you possess the requisite skills and credentials as well as a desire for a long-term relationship, please fax (603-668-2786) or E-mail your resume to us in confidence as soon as possible. We look forward to meeting you.