GENERAL PURPOSE: Under general direction of the Board Administrator, performs advanced administrative functions of the Board Administration (BA) Division with minimal supervision. Provide administrative support to Board Administrator and the Board Administration Division. Perform administrative functions in support of the work of the Board of Directors and the Citizen Oversight Panel. In addition, the Board Administration Administrative Specialist works on projects of diverse scope and moderate to intermediate complexity. The Administrative Specialist interacts regularly with a wide variety of people, agency executives and staff, the Board of Directors and their staff, other agencies, stakeholders, and the public.
Examples of Duties:
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Performs administrative support functions for Board Administration and BA Division including areas such as document preparation, proofreading, and records management.
- Serves as Executive Department’s records management liaison.
- Applies established procedures for service of process documents, such as claims and lawsuits.
- BA Division bookkeeping functions including areas such as Board member expenses and payments; tracking requisitions, check requests, reconciling and tracking expenses; and assists with development of BA Division proposed budget, monitor expenditures against adopted budget
- Prepare reports for Board Administrator and Executives, such as Board attendance, projected Board/Committee items for upcoming Board/Committee meetings, and schedules/topics for subarea briefings and topics.
- Performs Board/Committee meeting responsibilities including the organization, attendance, planning, document preparation, and logistics as required. May assist in the preparation of meeting minutes as needed.
- Supports the Citizen Oversight Panel (COP) with administrative support between the panel and Board Administration staff, serves as the Agency liaison as needed for interdepartmental communications. Ensures information on COP and its members is available publicly
- Make all arrangements for Public Hearings that involve the Board, Board decisions, and Board policy; Manages the use of the Boardroom including reservations and usage
- Participate in assigned agency/matrix teams
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Education and Experience:
Associate’s Degree in business or public administration, or closely related field; minimum of two years of experience providing the full range of administrative support functions for a division or department within an organization or an equivalent combination of education and experience to perform the essential functions noted above.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Required Knowledge of:
Required Skill in:
- Administrative techniques and best practices
- Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment, including computers.
- Meetings - scheduling, preparing for, supporting, and post-meeting activities
- Communication techniques
- Principles of business writing
- English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Operational characteristics, services, and activities of assigned functions, programs, and departmental operations
- Principles and methods used to create, maintain, archive, and retrieve records
- Processes, procedures, and practices of budget monitoring
- Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations
- Plan and organize work to meet changing priorities and deadlines
- Apply policies, processes, and procedures to work responsibilities
- Understanding the organization and operation of the Agency as necessary to assume assigned responsibilities
- Performing administrative responsibilities under minimal supervision and using personal initiative within established guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Microsoft Office suite
- Working independently and in a team
- Performing responsibilities completely, accurately, and within timeframes
- Applying knowledge across multiple responsibilities
- Producing high-quality work
- Communicating effectively
- Listening attentively and responding appropriately
- Making routine decisions
- Planning, organizing, and prioritizing work to meet increasing demands and changing deadlines
- Establishing and maintaining positive, customer-service oriented and effective working relationships
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The Agency promotes a safe and healthy work environment and provides appropriate safety and equipment training for all personnel as required.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping, and lifting of objects up to 25 pounds.
It is the responsibility of all employees to follow the Agency safety rules, regulations, and procedures pertaining to their assigned duties and responsibilities, which could include systems, operations, and/or other employees.
Sound Transit - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard